At PitchBook, we are always looking forward. We continue to innovate, evolve and invest in ourselves to bring out the best in everyone. We’re deeply collaborative and thrive on the excitement, energy and fun that reverberates throughout the company.
Our extensive learning programs and mentorship opportunities help us create a culture of curiosity that pushes us to always find new solutions and better ways of doing things. The combination of a rapidly evolving industry and our high ambitions means there’s going to be some ambiguity along the way, but we excel when we challenge ourselves. We’re willing to take risks, fail fast and do it all over again in the pursuit of excellence.
If you have a good attitude and are willing to roll up your sleeves to get things done, PitchBook is the place for you.
About the Role:
As a member of the Product and Engineering team at PitchBook, you will be part of a team of big thinkers, innovators and problem solvers who strive to deepen the positive impact we have on our customers and our company every day. We value curiosity and the drive to find better ways of doing things. We thrive on customer empathy, which remains our focus when creating excellent customer experiences through product innovation.
We know that greatness is achieved through collaboration and diverse points of view, so we work closely with partners around the globe. As a team, we assume positive intent in each other’s words and actions, value constructive discussions, and foster a respectful working environment built on integrity, growth and business value. We invest heavily in our people, who are eager to learn and constantly improve. Join our team and grow with us!
As the Senior Cybersecurity Engineer in Pitchbook’s engineering division, you will drive the execution of a digital forensics and incident response technology function across PitchBook’s suite of products and data platforms in support of key business objectives. You will collaborate with the cybersecurity engineering team and over a thousand global employees to protect PitchBook data assets and information systems from the growing global threat landscape while providing cyber risk management for PitchBook's mission and customers.
This role will be key to developing and overseeing application security standards and requirements development. Your ability to collaborate with colleagues, provide leadership in a matrix-style structure and level up junior engineers, will be critical to your success. You will solicit feedback, engage others with empathy and help create a culture of belonging, teamwork and purpose.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Identifies, investigates and responds to threats
- Develop and create alarms, dashboards and workflows to allow quicker and more efficient insight into security events
- Take lead on containment action and begin root cause analysis
- Research security trends and recommend security tool optimization
- Ability to work outside of normal working hours as required due to critical incidents or emergency calls
- Support the vision and values of the company through role modeling and encouraging desired behaviors
- Participate in various company initiatives and projects as requested
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- 3+ years of experience in Cybersecurity or 5+ years of experience in related technology functions, such as infrastructure/cloud engineering
- Provide digital forensic expertise throughout a cybersecurity incident (including log analysis, network containment, threat eradication) in cloud environments (e.g. AWS, GCP, etc.)
- Able to leverage SIEM and SOAR tools for incident response and creates actionable post-incident reports for engineering leadership
- Collaborative communication skills, written and verbal. You can effectively read the situation and adjust your communication style to the audience
Benefits + Compensation at PitchBook:
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Additional medical wellness incentives
- STD, LTD, AD&D and life insurance
- Paid sabbatical program after four years
- Paid family and paternity leave
- Annual educational stipend
- Ability to apply for tuition reimbursement
- CFA exam stipend
- Robust training programs on industry and soft skills
- Employee assistance program
- Generous allotment of vacation days, sick days and volunteer days
- Matching gifts program
- Employee resource groups
- Subsidized emergency childcare
- Dependent Care FSA
- Company-wide events
- Employee referral bonus program
- Quarterly team building events
- 401k match
- Shared ownership employee stock program
- Monthly transportation stipend
*Please be aware the above PitchBook benefit and perk offerings are subject to corresponding plan and policy documents and may change during the course of your employment.
- Annual base salary: $111,550-$188,600
- Target annual bonus percentage: 10%
*Starting pay will be based on several factors and commensurate with qualifications & experience. We also have a location-based compensation structure; there may be different ranges for candidates by location.
Life At PB:
We are consistently recognized as a Best Place to Work and our culture is at the heart of our success. It’s our fundamental belief that people do and create great things and that people are the cornerstone of prosperity. We believe that proactively seeking out different points of view, listening to others, learning and reflecting on what we’ve heard creates a sense of belonging within PitchBook and strengthens the PitchBook community.
We are excited to get to know you and your background. Concerned that you might not meet every requirement? We encourage you to still apply as you might be the right candidate for the role or other roles at PitchBook.