At PitchBook, we are always looking forward. We continue to innovate, evolve and invest in ourselves to bring out the best in everyone. We’re deeply collaborative and thrive on the excitement, energy and fun that reverberates throughout the company.
Our extensive learning programs and mentorship opportunities help us create a culture of curiosity that pushes us to always find new solutions and better ways of doing things. The combination of a rapidly evolving industry and our high ambitions means there’s going to be some ambiguity along the way, but we excel when we challenge ourselves. We’re willing to take risks, fail fast and do it all over again in the pursuit of excellence.
If you have a good attitude and are willing to roll up your sleeves to get things done, PitchBook is the place for you.
About the Role:
The Marketing team at PitchBook is critical to fueling the company’s growth by utilizing a variety of strategies to support our sales and customer success departments grow and retain our client base. The Marketing team is responsible for all demand generation efforts by executing engaging campaigns, effective product marketing strategies and attending client and trade-show events. The Marketing team is also responsible for promoting the PitchBook brand and managing internal communications.
The Senior Director, Segment Marketing is instrumental in leading the team responsible for driving new business and customer demand through hyper-targeted, product-centric demand campaigns across all our core business segments. This leader team is responsible for the full-funnel strategy and execution of marketing programs, inclusive of product positioning, messaging and audience segmentation that supports lead capture, nurture and pipeline conversions. This position will work closely across functions within the organization including the broader Marketing, Sales and Customer Success teams to develop integrated campaigns and initiatives across multiple channels including paid, social, email, growth marketing, automation and digital advertising.
This is a unique position blends leadership capabilities across product marketing and demand generation. The ideal leader for this role is a highly collaborative, business-savvy marketing leader who wants to continually test, learn, lean on the data and collaborate across functions to find new and innovative ways of reaching target audiences, build pipeline and expand revenue. The ideal candidate is a pipeline driven, SaaS, product marketing expert who is highly analytical, a strong people manager and can operate at both the strategic and tactical level. This role reports into the Vice President of Revenue Marketing and is a high impact and high visibility opportunity to join, develop and lead a best-in-class team.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Own creation and execution of data-driven revenue marketing strategies, partnering across Marketing and with Sales, Customer Success and Product on broader go to market (GTM), target buyer persona and value-based messaging framework
- Develop, grow and lead a team of Segment Managers, Demand Managers, Campaign Managers, GTM Manager and EMEA Marketing Manager to drive growth, expansion and retention through effective product messaging, positioning and demand marketing initiatives
- Scale and manage audience segmentation strategy, in close partnership with Sales and Customer Success; define product messaging and positioning for core business audiences to feed into all marketing initiatives
- Obsess over our customers, being the Marketing subject matter expert (SME) for our space. Monitor industry trends and stay up to date on new technology and techniques, especially those specific to our customer segments; lean into innovative product marketing experience to refine our value prop and segment-based differentiators accordingly
- Own and refine product GTM launch and release strategy; prioritize core release messaging against run-state differentiators to define effective messaging and demand generation touchpoints
- Develop, implement and scale new business and customer demand generation engine to fuel significant pipeline growth and revenue opportunity from new sales, expansion and retention efforts
- Build and maintain close partnerships with the Marketing team (web, digital, marketing ops, content strategy and more) as well as Revenue Operations, Sales, Customer Success, Product and Finance to develop strategies and support shared pipeline goals in support of revenue targets via lead and opportunity conversions
- Forecast, measure, analyze and report on the impact of demand creation activities on sales pipeline, revenue and sales cycle length. Select targets, determining the tactical mix, design, test and measure offers and calls to action and setting individual program goals and measurement criteria
- Bring discipline, best practices and rigor to the growth marketing organization including building processes, templates and ways of working to create consistency and scale
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 12+ years of Business to Business, SaaS product marketing experience. Demand generation experience also a plus
- Strong track record of leadership and development, with desire to grow, scale and manage a high-performing team
- Have a passion for customers, with experience running lifecycle, account based marketing and demand generation initiatives at scale
- Proven track record of implementing return-on-investment positive, growth-oriented demand generation programs
- Work well cross functionally, building strong relationships to effectively partner across marketing teams and with leaders from Sales, Product and operations organizations to obtain shared success
- Thrive on the ability to keep a real-time pulse on campaigns and initiatives, continually interpret results and apply findings to optimize performance
- Top-notch analytical skills with a proven ability to work through data and multiple attribution models to find opportunities and actionable insights and clearly communicate to a diverse set of stakeholders
- Experience setting and measuring KPIs, managing a budget, forecasting and delivering on monthly goals of spend
- Familiar with marketing automation tools (preferably Marketo), CRM (preferably salesforce.com) web analytics and business intelligence (preferably Tableau)
- Both a strong strategic thinker, with the ability to translate quantitative and qualitative data/insights into strong marketing strategies, and a highly organized “doer,” with a data-driven mentality and a bias toward action
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and a strong sense of urgency and follow-through
- Ability to juggle and prioritize multiple projects at once in a fast-paced, results oriented environment
- Desire and ability to be a team player who appreciates a unique, entrepreneurial and collaborative environment
- Resourceful self-starter who is comfortable with ambiguity and adaptive to change
Benefits + Compensation at PitchBook:
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Additional medical wellness incentives
- STD, LTD, AD&D and life insurance
- Paid sabbatical program after four years
- Paid family and paternity leave
- Annual educational stipend
- Ability to apply for tuition reimbursement
- CFA exam stipend
- Robust training programs on industry and soft skills
- Employee assistance program
- Generous allotment of vacation days, sick days and volunteer days
- Matching gifts program
- Employee resource groups
- Subsidized emergency childcare
- Dependent Care FSA
- Company-wide events
- Employee referral bonus program
- Quarterly team building events
- 401k match
- Shared ownership employee stock program
- Monthly transportation stipend
*Please be aware the above PitchBook benefit and perk offerings are subject to corresponding plan and policy documents and may change during the course of your employment.
- Annual base salary: $156,400-$282,900
- Target annual bonus percentage: 20%
*Starting pay will be based on several factors and commensurate with qualifications & experience. We also have a location-based compensation structure; there may be different ranges for candidates by location.
Life At PB:
We are consistently recognized as a Best Place to Work and our culture is at the heart of our success. It’s our fundamental belief that people do and create great things and that people are the cornerstone of prosperity. We believe that proactively seeking out different points of view, listening to others, learning and reflecting on what we’ve heard creates a sense of belonging within PitchBook and strengthens the PitchBook community.
We are excited to get to know you and your background. Concerned that you might not meet every requirement? We encourage you to still apply as you might be the right candidate for the role or other roles at PitchBook.