At PitchBook, we are always looking forward. We continue to innovate, evolve and invest in ourselves to bring out the best in everyone. We’re deeply collaborative and thrive on the excitement, energy and fun that reverberates throughout the company.
Our extensive learning programs and mentorship opportunities help us create a culture of curiosity that pushes us to always find new solutions and better ways of doing things. The combination of a rapidly evolving industry and our high ambitions means there’s going to be some ambiguity along the way, but we excel when we challenge ourselves. We’re willing to take risks, fail fast and do it all over again in the pursuit of excellence.
If you have a good attitude and are willing to roll up your sleeves to get things done, PitchBook is the place for you.
About the Role:
As a member of the Editorial team, you will spend each day immersed in the private markets, aiming to help our customers be better investors, advisors and market participants. The work you will do plays a direct role in the evolution of the industry!
Everyone on our team is supported by a flexible work environment and a culture that promotes curiosity, collaboration and professional development. We prioritize recognition and respect across all roles and have a high level of camaraderie. The fast-growing nature of our organization provides ample opportunity to advance in your career and explore what interests you.
As we continue investing in the talent of our group, our coverage has evolved rapidly over multiple industries and geographies. Our insights are routinely cited by top-tier publications and sought after by prominent players in the financial markets. In addition to publishing timely market insights, we also partner closely with our Product, Engineering and Data Operations teams to continually enhance our datasets and develop unique tools that have a material impact on our customers’ workflows. There is no better time to join us!
Leveraged Commentary & Data (LCD) provides news and research on the leveraged finance markets to 80,000 plus subscribers worldwide. The News Team offers real-time and analytical coverage of the leveraged loan, high-yield bond, collateralized loan obligation and distressed debt markets. The Private Credit Reporter at LCD tracks loan issuance and trends in the fast-growing private credit, direct lending and middle market loan space, reporting on deals as they emerge via LCD’s market-leading real-time news and analysis platform.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Produce real-time stories detailing a rapidly growing type of financing: private credit, along the sometimes rocky path from issuance mandate to repayment or bankruptcy
- Follow trends, market moves, industry developments and the personalities behind deal activity
- Produce in-depth analytical pieces detailing trends in the leveraged loan and leveraged finance marketplace and how these segments interact relying on sources/interviews and LCD research
- Weekly and quarterly analytical content
- Cultivate and maintain market sources and other sources of content (internal databases, web scraping tools, etc.)
- Contribute to other subscriber/public-facing news and analytical content, such as webinars, videos, question and answers with market leaders and more
- Support the vision and values of the company through role modeling and encouraging desired behaviors
- Participate in various company initiatives and projects as requested
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience required
- 2+ years experience covering financial markets, ideally with knowledge/background in leveraged finance, debt, structured finance or equivalent experience
- Proficiency with handling and parsing large of amounts of data, quickly and accurately
- Strong writing/editing skills
- Ability to work under real-time deadlines
- Financial Services reporting
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite including in-depth knowledge of Outlook, Word and Excel and the ability to pick up new systems and software easily
Benefits + Compensation at PitchBook:
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Additional medical wellness incentives
- STD, LTD, AD&D and life insurance
- Paid sabbatical program after four years
- Paid family and paternity leave
- Annual educational stipend
- Ability to apply for tuition reimbursement
- CFA exam stipend
- Robust training programs on industry and soft skills
- Employee assistance program
- Generous allotment of vacation days, sick days and volunteer days
- Matching gifts program
- Employee resource groups
- Subsidized emergency childcare
- Dependent Care FSA
- Company-wide events
- Employee referral bonus program
- Quarterly team building events
- 401k match
- Shared ownership employee stock program
- Monthly transportation stipend
*Please be aware the above PitchBook benefit and perk offerings are subject to corresponding plan and policy documents and may change during the course of your employment.
- Annual base salary: $64,800-$112,000
- Target annual bonus percentage: 7.5%
*Starting pay will be based on several factors and commensurate with qualifications & experience. We also have a location-based compensation structure; there may be different ranges for candidates by location.
The job conditions for this position are in a standard office setting. Employees in this position use PC and phone on an on-going basis throughout the day. Limited corporate travel may be required to remote offices or other business meetings and events.
Life At PB:
We are consistently recognized as a Best Place to Work and our culture is at the heart of our success. It’s our fundamental belief that people do and create great things and that people are the cornerstone of prosperity. We believe that proactively seeking out different points of view, listening to others, learning and reflecting on what we’ve heard creates a sense of belonging within PitchBook and strengthens the PitchBook community.
We are excited to get to know you and your background. Concerned that you might not meet every requirement? We encourage you to still apply as you might be the right candidate for the role or other roles at PitchBook.