At PitchBook, we are always looking forward. We continue to innovate, evolve and invest in ourselves to bring out the best in everyone. We’re deeply collaborative and thrive on the excitement, energy and fun that reverberates throughout the company.
Our extensive learning programs and mentorship opportunities help us create a culture of curiosity that pushes us to always find new solutions and better ways of doing things. The combination of a rapidly evolving industry and our high ambitions means there’s going to be some ambiguity along the way, but we excel when we challenge ourselves. We’re willing to take risks, fail fast and do it all over again in the pursuit of excellence.
If you have a good attitude and are willing to roll up your sleeves to get things done, PitchBook is the place for you.
About the Role:
As a member of our Account Management & Customer Success team, you will thrive on your ability to embrace and drive change and your commitment to ensuring you and PitchBook are always growing and improving. While continually learning and exploring new ideas and concepts, you will be inspired to ask questions and challenge the status quo while remaining focused on our customers’ success. We value teamwork and collaboration and encourage our people to build strong, trusting relationships with their teammates, customers and partners. A contagious positivity, insatiable curiosity and people-first attitude are the winning traits of our most successful Account Management & Customer Success team members. If this sounds like you, join us!
PitchBook’s Customer Support Specialist Tier 1 provides direct customer support via phone, email and chat to existing PitchBook clients. You will work with the support team to troubleshoot customer issues and ensure the best possible customer experience. You work at the front lines, providing real-time assistance to clients in need. Customer experience pain points you identify will inform product improvements and allow PitchBook to optimize the platform for customers worldwide.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Respond to chat, phone and email contacts from customers
- Achieve contact volume and quality goals measured quarterly
- Communicate effectively, both written and verbally, to ensure smooth resolution of customer issues
- Work collaboratively with other support specialists to resolve customer questions and issues
- Work continuously to document the details of each interaction in Salesforce in order to easily research customer issues and to inform product improvements
- Partner with global teams to ensure continuous support availability during required business hours
- Support the vision and values of the company through role modeling and encouraging desired behaviors
- Participate in various company initiatives and projects as requested
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Client first attitude and enjoy engaging with customers
- Prior experience with Salesforce or similar CRM preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a keen eye for detail
- Interested in financial markets or services, particularly private equity and venture capital
- Ability to operate with a strong sense of urgency and deliver results
- Terrific prioritization skills in order to balance high call volume in parallel with project work
- Comfortable to engage with a diverse array of customers
- Team player with the desire to try new ideas in order to achieve greater levels of success
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite including in-depth knowledge of Outlook, Word and Excel with the ability to pick up new systems and software easily
- Business fluency in English, Mandarin and Japanese
Benefits at PitchBook:
- Private medical insurance
- Additional medical wellness incentives
- Private life insurance
- Parental leave
- Education subsidies
- Robust training programs on industry and soft skills
- Generous allotment of vacation days, sick days and volunteer days
- Employee resource groups
- Company-wide events
- Employee referral bonus program
- Quarterly team building events
- Retirement contributions via MPF
- Shared ownership employee stock program
- Transportation stipend
*Please be aware the above PitchBook benefit and perk offerings are subject to corresponding plan and policy documents and may change during the course of your employment.
Life At PB:
We are consistently recognized as a Best Place to Work and our culture is at the heart of our success. It’s our fundamental belief that people do and create great things and that people are the cornerstone of prosperity. We believe that proactively seeking out different points of view, listening to others, learning and reflecting on what we’ve heard creates a sense of belonging within PitchBook and strengthens the PitchBook community.
We are excited to get to know you and your background. Concerned that you might not meet every requirement? We encourage you to still apply as you might be the right candidate for the role or other roles at PitchBook.