At PitchBook, we are always looking forward. We continue to innovate, evolve and invest in ourselves to bring out the best in everyone. We’re deeply collaborative and thrive on the excitement, energy and fun that reverberates throughout the company.
Our extensive mentorship, education and training programs help us create a culture of curiosity that pushes us to always find new solutions and better ways of doing things. The combination of a rapidly evolving industry and our high ambitions means there’s going to be some ambiguity along the way, but we excel when we challenge ourselves. We’re willing to take risks, fail fast and do it all over again in the pursuit of excellence.
If you have a good attitude and are willing to roll up your sleeves to get things done, PitchBook is the place for you.
About the Role:
PitchBook Institutional Research Group is a provider of research services to private market investors, advisors and market participants. The group provides Investment strategy, fund performance and industry research through a differentiated, framework-driven approach. In addition, the group provides custom research and data analysis support to subscribing clients.
As a Sr. Analyst of Private Equity, you’ll use your experience and analytical skills to develop meaningful insight into a fascinating industry and contribute to our best-in-class private capital research. The research this team produces is utilized by many of the largest private capital investors, investment banks and service providers globally. Our team is creative, driven and focused on providing the most actionable research to our readers and clients.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Conduct research and analysis covering private equity and M&A, venture as well as institutional allocators, global economic conditions and other relevant spaces
- Establish research frameworks to provide independent commentary, evaluations and forecasts around our primary coverage areas, while identifying unique themes that may impact private markets
- Utilize proprietary PitchBook data, the internet, newspapers, academic white papers, public and private company research notes and economic indicator forecasts to inform and develop actionable analysis
- Write and edit research reports as directed by the team pipeline and publishing calendar
- Manage direct-to-client distribution channels for published notes
- Work closely with the data analysis team to identify unique datasets to support research
- Develop and manage relationships with both client and non-client industry professionals to help support primary research efforts
- Manage and respond to inquiries from clients, press, internal colleagues and the general public regarding published research
- Support and mentor junior and associate analysts through their development
- Serve as research point of contact for various speaking engagements and press requests
- Support the vision and values of the company through role modeling and encouraging desired behaviors
- Participate in various company initiatives and projects as requested
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business Administration or Economics preferred
- Strong understanding of financial concepts such as private valuation techniques, leveraged buyouts, portfolio allocation, private equity manager styles and more
- 5 years or more of experience in equity research, investment banking or other related financial services role
- Strong interest in M&A and private financial markets
- Experience writing long-form research a plus
- Critical thinker
- Detail-oriented/analytical mindset
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Experience in SQL and PitchBook Platform a plus
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite including in-depth knowledge of Outlook, Word and Excel with the ability to pick up new systems and software easily
Benefits + Compensation at PitchBook:
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Additional medical wellness incentives
- STD, LTD, AD&D and life insurance
- Paid sabbatical program after four years
- Paid family and paternity leave
- Annual educational stipend
- Ability to apply for tuition reimbursement
- CFA exam stipend
- Robust training programs on industry and soft skills
- Employee assistance program
- Generous allotment of vacation days, sick days and volunteer days
- Matching gifts program
- Employee resource groups
- Subsidized emergency childcare
- Dependent Care FSA
- Company-wide events
- Employee referral bonus program
- Quarterly team building events
- 401k match
- Shared ownership employee stock program
- Monthly transportation stipend
*Please be aware the above PitchBook benefit and perk offerings are subject to corresponding plan and policy documents and may change during the course of your employment.
- Annual base salary: $130,000-$170,000
- Target annual bonus percentage: 10%
*Starting pay will be based on several factors and commensurate with qualifications & experience. We also have a location-based compensation structure; there may be different ranges for candidates by location.
Life At PB:
We are consistently recognized as a Best Place to Work and our culture is at the heart of our success. It’s our fundamental belief that people do and create great things and that people are the cornerstone of prosperity. We believe that proactively seeking out different points of view, listening to others, learning and reflecting on what we’ve heard creates a sense of belonging within PitchBook and strengthens the PitchBook community.
We are excited to get to know you and your background. Concerned that you might not meet every requirement? We encourage you to still apply as you might be the right candidate for the role or other roles at PitchBook.