Pitch is the collaborative presentation software for modern teams. We're focused on making it fast and delightful for teams to create and deliver beautiful presentations, and easy for anyone to find inspiration from templates crafted by experts. Since we launched Pitch publicly in October 2020 and raised our Series B funding in May, over 100,000 teams have adopted Pitch as their presentation software of choice, including top brands like Intercom, Superhuman, and Notion.
We’re looking for a DevOps Engineering Manager who will play an integral role in building out our CI/CD capabilities, tooling, cloud infrastructure and DevOps best practices. We're looking for an enthusiastic, experienced and hands-on leader with a passion for solving big problems. Our systems are primarily built on Clojure and ClojureScript, which provides a unique set of challenges and opportunities for this role.
As we are just forming the team, your role will have the opportunity to define vision, structure and processes structure they need to meet the demands of the wider engineering organisation. This is an opportunity to work on a variety of projects across all engineering teams, within a company that is focused on delivering a great product to the user.
Reporting into the Director of Engineering for our Foundation Pillar, you will also be responsible for scaling the DevOps team to serve the ever-growing engineering organization by hiring, managing and mentoring engineers with various backgrounds and responsibilities.
If you have hands-on experience implementing DevOps best practices as well as leading teams in a high-paced startup, you will be perfect for this role!
Curious about our engineering culture? Our CTO and co-founder Adam Renklint recently contributed to a blog post that dives deep into our technical foundation, our iterative approach to development and our philosophy on building a sustainable engineering culture that’s all about joyful work.
What you will do
- Build out the team responsible for CI/CD pipelines, developer facing tooling, security and IT support
- Improve our Continuous Deployment and Cloud Deployment systems in order to increase our shipping cadence
- Play a key role in handling incidents, and assist the engineering team with troubleshooting infrastructure-related issues
- Increase the resilience and improve mean time to recovery (MTTR) of our infrastructure
- Maintain our organisations delivery cadence as the organisation grows in size and complexity, while also identifying ways to drive improvement in our release and build infrastructure
- Work closely with engineering directors and product teams to identify opportunities for reducing friction and improving the developer experience
- Develop processes and automation that doesn't get in the way to ensure highest standard of internal and user-facing security
- Hire and mentor engineers to grow the engineering's team seniority and ensure the DevOps team can keep up with the pace of the entire engineering organization
What you should offer
- A proven, hands-on experience in the areas of security, CI/CD, AWS/Cloud infrastructure, test automation and/or developer tooling - ideally within the context of a fast-paced and high-growth SaaS company
- Expertise and strong opinions related to DevOps best practices and tooling
- Several years' experience managing a team of engineers and eagerness to continue doing it
- Experience with building teams and/or organizations
- Excellent communication skills, willingness to share and teach, and passion for working with people
Pitch was founded in Berlin, but as a remote-first company, our team works together from all over the world. With that mindset, we're building an inclusive workplace that invites diverse perspectives, and values talent from diverse personal and professional backgrounds.
Sounds like a good fit? Join us on our mission to enable every team's best thinking - we look forward to hearing from you!