Pitch is the collaborative presentation software for modern teams. We're focused on making it fast and delightful for teams to create and deliver beautiful presentations, and easy for anyone to find inspiration from templates crafted by experts. Since we launched Pitch publicly in October 2020 and raised our Series B funding in May, over 100,000 teams have adopted Pitch as their presentation software of choice, including top brands like Intercom, Superhuman, and Notion.
We're looking for an Engineering Manager to join our team onsite in Berlin or remote. As the leader of one of our product team's engineers, you'll be responsible for sustainable growth of the team and providing the structures and guidance which drive improvement of team performance and wellbeing.
Curious about our engineering culture? Our CTO and co-founder Adam Renklint recently contributed a blog post that dives deep into our technical foundation, our iterative approach to development, and our philosophy on building a sustainable engineering culture that's all about joyful work.
What you will do:
- Implement strategies and processes which help Engineers work effectively together, maintain a sustainable flow of work, and ensure the stability of the live systems.
- Provide leadership on ways of working, collaborative coding practices, and maintaining a manageable codebase over time.
- Provide feedback and set goals for your team to help them develop and grow.
- Improve team performance by removing bottlenecks, minimising waste, optimising processes and reducing feedback loops.
- Contribute to an effective and diverse recruiting pipeline, identify and develop the engineering talent of tomorrow.
- Working with Product Management to ensure your team has a suitable strategy to serve its business objectives
- Own the technical roadmap for your product area and advocate for technical initiatives to improve efficiency, scalability, and maintainability of the codebase. Some examples of product areas include Data Visualization, Workspaces, and Design Workflow.
- Guide the evolution of the practices and culture in the team, applying modern agile ways of working to help maintain a sustainable pace of work and foster a culture of self-improvement.
Who we're looking for:
- You are an experienced manager of people and teams, with an established track record in software delivery, creating high performing teams, and supporting the growth of the people reporting to you. Bonus points for having done so in a fast-paced startup environment and having successfully solved many of the tough organisational challenges this environment poses.
- You have extensive experience working in web application development, delivering reach user experiences for a broad audience.
- You are enthusiastic about learning and working with Clojure / ClojureScript. Prior experience with ClojureScript is a plus, but not required. Familiarity with Functional Programming concepts is a strong advantage.
- You are product-oriented, combining thoughtfulness with pragmatism and a will to get stuff done.
- You are calm and focused under pressure, and consider work-life balance essential for long-term happiness and productivity.
Pitch was founded in Berlin, but as a remote-first company, our team works together from all over the world. With that mindset, we're building an inclusive workplace that invites diverse perspectives, and values talent from diverse personal and professional backgrounds.
Sounds like a good fit? Join us on our mission to enable every team's best thinking - we look forward to hearing from you!