Pitch is the collaborative presentation software for modern teams. We're focused on making it fast and delightful for teams to create and deliver beautiful presentations, and easy for anyone to find inspiration from templates crafted by experts. Since we launched Pitch publicly in October 2020 and raised our Series B funding in May, over 100,000 teams have adopted Pitch as their presentation software of choice, including top brands like Intercom, Superhuman, and Notion.
If you’re excited about improving security at all levels within a company, you’ve come to the right place. As Security Engineer at Pitch, you will contribute to taking the security of the platform, our customers and the company to the next level.
This is an opportunity to work on a variety of projects across all teams, within a company that is focused on delivering a great product to the user.
Curious about our engineering culture? Our CTO and co-founder Adam Renklint recently contributed a blog post that dives deep into our technical foundation, our iterative approach to development, and our philosophy on building a sustainable engineering culture that's all about joyful work.
What you will be doing
- Define and implement security controls and procedures in order to improve the security of our new Pitch features and products
- Perform security testing of new features being developed to ensure they are secure and ready to be shipped
- Expand our current security infrastructure by adding security checks to all the steps of our Secure Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Help defining and implementing security policies for SDLC and other areas within the company
- Provide day-to-day guidance and support to developers and engineers regarding security questions and best practices.
- Review, respond and triage security vulnerability reports
What you should bring along
- 4+ years of working experience as a Security Engineer. Alternatively, you have a Software Development background and 2+ years experience in a security role.
- Understanding of code flows and structures and experience in code reviews
- Expertise with tools like Burp Suite
- Experience with scripting languages (Bash, Python)
- Deep understanding of security best practices
- Ability to work cross-functionally and build strong relationships with the Pitch engineering teams
- Excellent communication skills and willingness to share and teach
Would be nice to have
- Experience with the security challenges and problems encountered by SaaS companies
- Working knowledge of SDLC and other security processes
- Excellent writing skills. Feel free to share a writing sample of any kind of technical writing with us!
Pitch was founded in Berlin, but as a remote-first company, our team works together from all over the world. With that mindset, we're building an inclusive workplace that invites diverse perspectives, and values talent from diverse personal and professional backgrounds.
Sounds like a good fit? Join us on our mission to enable every team's best thinking - we look forward to hearing from you!