Pison is creating the next generation of neural interfaces that focus on gesture recognition and neurophysiological insights. Pison leverages our patented electroneurography (ENG) platform to translate data generated from our body’s natural physiological electricity stemming at the brain into machine interpretable events in software. This allows for never before seen intuitive control of any experience in the IoT universe and discovery of neurological correlations drawn from our proprietary AI and data sets. Pison’s government, Department of Defense and Fortune 100 customers have a deep pipeline of pending projects fueling our growth. Pison’s long term vision is to own the platform which translates human intention to machine-readable code.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to lead our People and Places team, which drives the well-oiled machine behind our rapidly growing, fast-paced technology startup. As the Head of People Operations, you will be the architect behind building a scalable, sustainable, diverse and healthy team. You will lead areas encompassing: Talent & Recruiting; Performance, Development, and Retention; HR; Compensation & Benefits and Culture.
If you are passionate about the people and culture of a team yet aren’t afraid to tackle challenges in these areas head-on, this could be a great fit for you. This role reports to the CEO.
***Due to our work with the United States government, US citizenship is mandatory.***
We are currently working remotely. Once deemed safe, we will be working in a hybrid fashion from our Boston office.
- Drive a culture of success, accountability, transparency and collaboration
- Implement the strategy and processes related to building and retaining a rapidly growing and exceptional team of professionals across the United States
- Experience and aptitude in creating and refining internal policy and process.
- Manage the recruiting team
- Demonstrated knowledge managing and maintaining HRIS and other people operations systems
- Develop a sustainable yet competitive compensation and development philosophy to ensure Pison is a place where people want to grow
- Contribute to ongoing organizational design
- Manage compliance efforts with employment laws and regulations relating to all aspects of the employee life cycle. Including but not limited to employment compliance, payroll, compensation, benefits, organizational development, performance management, employee relations, and learning and development.
- Create a supportive and inclusive work environment to ensure strong engagement and high-satisfaction employee experience
- Continue to nurture the company’s culture and values as a key member of the leadership team
- Demonstrated success in change management with diverse stakeholders.
- Set priorities, provide guidance and feedback on progress and foster team career growth
- Have lived and loved the startup life! You relish having to do whatever it takes to get the job done
- Are open-minded; we are a growing team whose needs will continue to evolve, such that you will have to identify when certain processes are better suited during certain growth stages than others
- Effectively gather both quantitative and qualitative data in order to make well-informed decisions
- Can effectively communicate with a diverse crowd ranging from software engineers to C-level executives
- Experience with Greenhouse, Gusto, etc.
- Exposure to working with the government or the US military
We understand that candidates can feel discouraged if they do not tick every box. We encourage you to apply. Pison is building a diverse team with people from all backgrounds who can help us build an inclusive organization.