PipeCandy is building a complex data product that aims to revolutionize industry intelligence by applying sophisticated machine learning & AI algorithms to millions of data points. We are looking for a Data Scientist to build new product features using cutting-edge methods and algorithms. If you love playing with data and math, have an eye for detail, and have a strong product/design mindset, we’d love to hear from you.
This position requires deep hands-on experience with data science (AI/ML/stat.) algorithms, including the ability to understand business requirements, define analytical/data science requirements, develop and test data science methods/algorithms, and proficiency in programming to deploy algorithms as part of a technology product. This data scientist will be a part of the Data Science and Analytics team working under the general direction of the Lead Data Scientist.
- Collaborate with business and product team in conceptualising, designing, and managing data-driven projects as business/product roadmap.
- Works to design, develop and validate data science (analytical/data mining/ML/AI) models to meet the product requirements.
- Gather, evaluate and document requirements, and conceptualise analytical solutions to business problems.
- Ability to deploy analytical algorithms as part of a larger product/business application.
- Ability to effectively visualise data and communicate results of data analysis & analytical models.
- Develop processes and tools for data cleansing, transformation, and other data preparation as required for the algorithms.
- Collaborate with data and tech teams to ensure adherence to data ingestion and data governance standards.
- Conduct root cause analysis for model/product feature inaccuracies and propose improved approach/algorithms.
To execute all of the above the following Techno and Functional expertise is required.
Techno-Functional Expertise Required:
- 5-8 years of experience in a core data science role with problem-solving and applied research bent of mind with exposure to IPs and Patents creations.
- Ability to implement the off-the-shelf libraries and customise them.
- 5+ experience in knowledge discovery, exploratory data analysis, and custom algorithm developments.
- Hands-on experience with machine learning and data mining algorithms such as decision trees, classifiers, clustering, and regression.
- Strong experience with working on large data sets and developing scalable algorithms.
- Strong mathematical, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent business understanding and experience with retail/CPG/eCommerce is a plus.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
Analytical Skills and Technologies Stacks in Particular
- Strong skills in Python and its common data science toolkits/libraries. (Scikit-Learn/StanfordNER/NLTK/OpenNLP)
- Exposure to UIMA/GATE Architecture for Text Engineering is a plus.
- Experience with Deep Learning algorithms (RNN, LSTM, CNN). Exposure to GAN and Spiking SNN is a plus.
- Experience in word embedding models and exposure to the state of the arts in NLP and word embedding models.
- Exposure to Computer Vision, and OpenCV is a plus.
- Hands-on in at least one Deep Neural Network library.(TensorFlow, PyTorch, MXNet, Caffe)
- Deep Compression and Prunning of Neural Networks exposure is a big plus.
- Experience with AI and ML libraries in cloud environments. (such as AWS, Google Cloud, and Azure)
- Good skills in SQL and other query languages, and working with large data sets in databases such as PostgresDB, and MySQL, along with NoSQL and columnar databases.
- Experience with big data technologies and distributed computing platforms is a plus Apache Spark and MLLib.
- EDA and Data Visualization charting with D3JS and similar libraries is a plus.
We understand not all of the technologies above exposure you may have but the ability and analytical skills and the ability to adapt and learn are the keys.
- Degree in a quantitative field.(Engg., Math, Statistics, Economics, Physics)
- A highly numerate background with an understanding of computational linear algebra, matrix theory, and numerical methods will be a plus.
- Ability to work with business and technology teams to build and deploy an analytical solution as per needs.
- Ability to multitask, solve problems and think strategically.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
What's in it for you:
- Goal-driven, apolitical, and aligned organization with great opportunities to learn from peers and founders across geographies
- An opportunity to work with a unique global market leader in the eCommerce intelligence space and also only one such company that is built out of India
- A financially stable, well-funded organization with high growth potential
- Remote-friendly leave policies
- A strong work culture where collaboration is easy
- A group of ex-founders as colleagues who believe in getting things done
- Access to Udemy for self-learning