Pinwheel - Building a fairer financial system by unlocking API access to payroll systems.
More than half of Americans have a poor credit score or no score at all. Since most financial institutions rely on traditional credit scoring to assess risk, that means these people can't access affordable financial products. Instead, they resort to high-interest credit cards, payday loans, and trigger overdraft fees to make ends meet — which ultimately push them into deeper cycles of debt.
Pinwheel provides an API platform that makes it easy to connect payroll accounts like ADP and Gusto to any app. By unlocking the wealth of identity, income and employment data that sits in these systems, alongside direct access to paychecks, we can help innovators build the next generation of financial products that increase access for the underserved while improving the businesses of our partner fintechs, banks, and lenders
Who are we looking for?
As our Head of People, you will be a key factor in driving Pinwheel’s next stage of growth. Reporting directly to the CEO, this executive will lead the People Ops and Recruiting teams, and partner closely with the rest of the executive team to shape People strategy across the organization. The ideal candidate is an exceptional leader and manager, is an experienced senior executive, and is able to empower and guide their team to achieve goals while helping to build a high performance culture across the organization.
What will you be doing?
- Own company-wide operations and strategy, including employee engagement, learning & development, DE&I, compensation & benefits, and compliance
- Champion Pinwheel’s culture, creating and fostering an environment where PInwheelies of all backgrounds can be their best selves and do their best work
- Lead our workforce planning strategy with a focus on attracting, retaining, and developing top talent
- Lead, develop, and continue to build our recruiting team (7) and people ops team (2)
What experience, skills, and qualifications are necessary?
- 10+ years of experience in a People or HR management role, including experience managing both People Ops and Recruiting
- 3+ years of experience as an executive and operating in a fast-growing startup, comfortable with an evolving business model and roadmap
- Proven ability to work well with cross-functional team members
- Solid knowledge of HR policies, tools, and organizational frameworks
Why join Pinwheel?
Best Time to Join - We are small but well-funded, meaning you get the upside of starting on the bottom floor with minimal risk.
Be a Cultural Founder - You will have an active hand in molding our culture and being a part of the growth journey.
Build Something Revolutionary - Help build the consumer data infrastructure of the future.
- Great compensation & equity packages
- Full medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Life & short-term disability insurance
- Unlimited vacation
- Paid parental leave
- 401K for retirement planning
- Mentorship opportunities
- Free Citibike membership
- Pet friendly offices and Zoom spaces
Diversity & Inclusion at Pinwheel
At Pinwheel, we are committed to building an environment that is diverse and inclusive. We believe that having people across different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives enables us not only to build the best financial products, but to help us realize the best versions of ourselves. Pinwheel is an equal opportunity employer, and we aim to be an open and supportive place to work.
As part of our commitment to health and safety, Pinwheel requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as permitted under applicable law.