Pinwheel - Building a fairer financial system by unlocking API access to payroll systems.
More than half of Americans have a poor credit score or no score at all. Since most financial institutions rely on traditional credit scoring to assess risk, that means these people can't access affordable financial products. Instead, they resort to high-interest credit cards, payday loans, and trigger overdraft fees to make ends meet — which ultimately push them into deeper cycles of debt.
Pinwheel provides an API platform that makes it easy to connect payroll accounts like ADP and Gusto to any app. By unlocking the wealth of identity, income and employment data that sits in these systems, alongside direct access to paychecks, we can help innovators build the next generation of financial products that increase access for the underserved while improving the businesses of our partner fintechs, banks, and lenders.
Who are we looking for?
Reporting to the Head of Marketing, this person will join our team to drive and execute our field and event marketing programs.
You have event experience spanning white-glove sales and community events (e.g., customer dinners, meetups, and white-glove customer forums), industry trade shows, and virtual / digital events such as webinars. You've been successful working with Sales & Commercial teams to grow sales pipelines and deepen relationships with customers.
We’re in the early days of building up a full-fledged marketing team at Pinwheel, making this an amazing opportunity to play a pivotal role in shaping what marketing looks like for us!
What will you be doing?
- Drive execution end-to-end from planning, pre-event promotion and registration, event activation, and post-event follow-up and analysis
- Manage and organize event planning progress through regularly scheduled meetings and status updates with stakeholders and vendors
- Track, analyze, and report on results from growth marketing programs.
- Develop field marketing program strategy and event positioning per activation
- Offer hands-on support and staffing coordination at all events, ensuring event success and seamless operations
What experience, skills, and qualifications are necessary?
- 1-3 years of B2B events and field marketing
- Experience planning and executing both in-person and digital events
- Project management experience
- Demonstrated collaboration with cross-functional stakeholders (e.g., Sales)
- Ability to travel if / when required
- Experience in the fintech industry is a huge plus, but not required
Why join Pinwheel?
Best Time to Join - We are small but well-funded, meaning you get the upside of starting on the bottom floor with minimal risk.
Be a Cultural Founder - You will have an active hand in molding our culture and being a part of the growth journey.
Build Something Revolutionary - Help build the consumer data infrastructure of the future.
- Great compensation & equity packages
- Full medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Life & short-term disability insurance
- Unlimited vacation
- Paid parental leave
- 401K for retirement planning
- Mentorship opportunities
- Free Citibike membership
- Pet friendly offices and Zoom spaces
Diversity & Inclusion at Pinwheel
At Pinwheel, we are committed to building an environment that is diverse and inclusive. We believe that having people across different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives enables us not only to build the best financial products, but to help us realize the best versions of ourselves. Pinwheel is an equal opportunity employer, and we aim to be an open and supportive place to work.
As part of our commitment to health and safety, Pinwheel requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as permitted under applicable law.