Pinwheel - Building a fairer financial system by unlocking API access to payroll systems.
More than half of Americans have a poor credit score or no score at all. Since most financial institutions rely on traditional credit scoring to assess risk, that means these people can't access affordable financial products. Instead, they resort to high-interest credit cards, payday loans, and trigger overdraft fees to make ends meet — which ultimately push them into deeper cycles of debt.
Pinwheel provides an API platform that makes it easy to connect payroll accounts like ADP and Gusto to any app. By unlocking the wealth of identity, income and employment data that sits in these systems, alongside direct access to paychecks, we can help innovators build the next generation of financial products that increase access for the underserved while improving the businesses of our partner fintechs, banks, and lenders.
Who are we looking for?
As our Product Marketing Manager, you will be a key factor in driving Pinwheel's next stage of growth. More concretely, you will be responsible for working cross functionally with our commercial and product teams to synthesize customer insights and product capabilities in order to build messaging, positioning, content, and campaigns that inspires buyers to take action.
We are in the early days of building up a full fledged marketing team at Pinwheel, so this will be an amazing opportunity to play a pivotal role in shaping what marketing looks like at our company!
What will you be doing?
- Develop a deep understanding of our target audiences, including their buyer personas and buying centers, key use cases, and needs
- Lead creation of positioning, messaging, and content for our products in partnership with cross-functional partners and execute on new product launches
- Partner closely with sales to develop impactful collateral such as sales assets, white papers, and case studies to explain the value of our products and enable our commercial success
- Help serve as the voice of the customer to inform and shape our product roadmap
What experience, skills, and qualifications are necessary?
- You have 5+ years of B2B product marketing experience
- Skilled at deeply understanding customer needs and complex technology
- Strong storyteller - verbal and written
- Adept at developing and maintaining highly collaborative cross-functional relationships with sales, product, external partners, etc.
- Advanced quantitative and deductive skills. Ability to distinguish between the signal and the noise and make data-guided actions
- Experience in the fintech industry is a huge plus
If you're interested in building financial infrastructure that will revolutionize the industry, submit an application here.
At Pinwheel, we are committed to building an environment that is diverse and inclusive. We believe that having people across different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives enables us not only to build the best financial products, but to help us realize the best versions of ourselves. Pinwheel is an equal opportunity employer, and we strive to be an open and supportive place to work.
Why join Pinwheel?
Best Time to Join - Our company is small but well-funded, meaning you get the upside of starting on the bottom floor with minimal risk.
Be a Cultural Founder - You will have an active hand in molding the company culture and being a part of the entrepreneurial journey.
Build Something Revolutionary - Help build the consumer data infrastructure of the future.