Pinwheel - Building a fairer financial system by unlocking API access to payroll systems.
More than half of Americans have a poor credit score or no score at all. Since most financial institutions rely on traditional credit scoring to assess risk, that means these people can't access affordable financial products. Instead, they resort to high-interest credit cards, payday loans, and trigger overdraft fees to make ends meet — which ultimately push them into deeper cycles of debt.
Pinwheel provides an API platform that makes it easy to connect payroll accounts like ADP and Gusto to any app. By unlocking the wealth of identity, income and employment data that sits in these systems, alongside direct access to paychecks, we can help innovators build the next generation of financial products that increase access for the underserved while improving the businesses of our partner fintechs, banks, and lenders.
Who are we looking for?
As our Product Design leader, you will be a key factor in driving Pinwheel’s next stage of growth. More concretely, you will:
- Own Design and UX. You will be responsible for projects from start to finish, beginning from the ideation phase, through wireframing, prototyping, and go-to-market
- Be a champion for our users. You will help your teammates develop empathy not only for our customers (financial service providers) but for their customers (end users) as well, and help translate their needs into into a best-in-class experience
- Build our design culture from the ground up. You are starting from Day 0 and will have the chance to establish best practices and systems that ensure a cohesive look, feel, and user experience across our products
- Collaborate with different disciplines. You’ll work closely with product, engineering, and stakeholders across the company to explore, build, and ship your designs
- Level up your teammates. You will make our team stronger by building context, providing feedback, and helping them make better decisions
What skills are necessary?
- 6+ years of design experience, with extraordinary UI/UX skills that can be demonstrated through current or past projects
- A strong POV on software development, and how both the developer- and user- experience will inform technical decisions, and vice-versa
- Familiarity working through the end-to-end UX stack -- including personas, wireframing, prototyping, user research, and design systems
- Led, or been an integral part of taking a product from inception to market. Experience at an early stage start-up preferred
- Empathy and advocacy for our customers as well as their users, across all areas of your work
If you’re interested in building financial infrastructure that will revolutionize the industry, submit an application here.
At Pinwheel, we are committed to building an environment that is diverse and inclusive. We believe that having people across different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives enables us not only to build the best financial products, but to help us realize the best versions of ourselves. Pinwheel is an equal opportunity employer, and we strive to be an open and supportive place to work.