Pinwheel - Building a fairer financial system by unlocking access to payroll systems.
More than half of Americans have a poor credit score or no score at all. Since most financial institutions rely on traditional credit scoring to assess risk, that means these people can't access to affordable financial products. Instead, they resort to high-interest credit cards, payday loans, and trigger overdraft fees to make ends meet — which ultimately push them into deeper cycles of debt.
Pinwheel provides an API platform that makes it easy to connect payroll accounts like ADP and Gusto to any app. By unlocking the wealth of identity, income and employment data that sits in these systems, alongside direct access to paychecks, we can help innovators build the next generation of financial products that increase access for the underserved while improving the businesses of our partner fintechs, banks, and lenders.
What are we looking for?
We're looking for a world class storyteller and leader to be our first marketing hire. Your mandate will be to formulate and execute a marketing strategy to solidify and expand on Pinwheel’s position as the market leader. We're looking for go-getters who understand that success at an early stage means rolling up your sleeves and doing whatever it takes to get the job done. This is a huge opportunity to drive a key pillar of our company strategy and build a marketing function from the ground. If you're relentless, driven by solving tough problems, and motivated by driving impact that is bigger than yourself, we'd love to hear from you!
What will you be doing?
- Setting and executing on Pinwheel’s overall marketing strategy
- Developing and growing the Pinwheel brand
- Defining and refining Pinwheel's target audience, positioning, value propositions, and messaging
- Driving go-to-market for new product and feature launches
- Gathering customer, competitor, and marketing insights, and partnering with Product to help define the product roadmap
- Partnering with Sales to craft the right pitch, and arming them with sales enablement materials
- Creating and driving content strategy and lead gen
- Managing comms and social with the help of our PR firm
- Representing Pinwheel at industry events
- Working with Customer Success to drive ongoing customer engagement and retention
- Setting and tracking OKRs to measure success of marketing initiatives
What skills are necessary?
- 8+ years of relevant marketing experience, and 2+ years of B2B experience
- World-class storyteller with excellent communication skills
- Previous experience with FinTech companies required (bonus if it’s an API company)
- Bias for action with proven track record of building great brands
- Early-stage startup experience a plus
Why join Pinwheel?
Best Time to Join - Our company is small but well-funded, meaning you get the upside of starting on the bottom floor with minimal risk.
Be a Cultural Founder - You will have an active hand in molding the company culture and being a part of the entrepreneurial journey.
Build Something Revolutionary - Help build the consumer data infrastructure of the future.