Pinnacol Assurance does just one thing, and does it better than anyone: provide caring workers’ compensation protection to Colorado employers and employees. Although employers are required by law to provide Worker’s Comp insurance, we believe our service is making a meaningful impact in worker’s lives across Colorado in their moments of need.
We have big hearts and love big ideas. We’ve been around for over 100 years, but don’t let that fool you. Pinnacol is committed to taking care of Colorado employers and workers in the most innovative of ways! We celebrate continuous improvement, new ideas, compassion, teamwork, integrity and excellence.
With our number one priority to keep everyone safe, along with the heart of Pinnacol’s “culture of caring” to do what is right and not what is easy, we’re currently having our team members work from home. During remote work, we’re still making time for fun! We host virtual painting classes, virtual yoga and Zumba classes, and virtual happy hours!
What you’ll do:
As the Cloud Architect, you play a key part in realizing our mission to provide customers with tools they love. You will be responsible for the design, development, integration, and deployment of our cloud infrastructure and custom solutions to enhance the Pinnacol platform. You will leverage your experience and skills to enhance the security, flexibility, and scalability of our cloud services to ensure the availability of our custom applications. Operating as a key contributor on a team of dedicated professionals toward a common product vision.
This role will have the ability to be onsite in Denver or remote.
What you can expect:
- Develop and execute the vision for our cloud architecture, deployment systems, and application infrastructure.
- Provide innovative solutions leveraging modern web tools and techniques enhancing our platform capabilities and make recommendations to support a rapidly increasing org.
- Develop custom code using Python and other technologies to build customized solutions supporting business initiatives/processes.
- Implement best practices by developing, refining, iterating, integrating, testing, staging and deploying maintainable technical solutions.
- Use analytical skills and judgment to solve problems and make decisions in a rapidly changing environment.
- Communicate complicated problems to team members to ensure we are coming up with the right solutions.
- Accountable for effectively leading, communicating and managing change ensuring sustainability of process and performance enhancement.
- Remain current on the external environment for industry-leading tools, technology, analytics and best practices to continuously improve Pinnacol’s customer value proposition.
- Partner with other architects and leads to ensure consistency and compliance in our solutions.
- Demonstrate leadership in the areas of continuous improvement and continuous learning.
- Other duties as assigned
What you’ll bring to the table:
- Four years’ experience in a cloud development environment, which means building, deploying and supporting applications and data storage concepts
- One year of experience developing on Google Cloud Platform
- One year of experience in Gitlab building pipelines for deployments
- Knowledge of and ability to execute with a variety of cloud infrastructure concepts
- Ability to collaborate with all levels within the organization
- Experience working with containers and containerized applications
- Experience with Networking and DNS
- Cloud-based data storage and security best practices
We can’t do our work without people like you.
Our employees are extraordinary and committed to making a difference. Here’s some of the ways we show our appreciation.
- Our benefits go beyond the basics. You’ll get to choose from diverse benefit offerings for medical, dental and vision.
- We care about each other. We enjoy a positive, collaborative work environment. We are hard workers and high performers.
- Take a day (or 20!) off. Enjoy 20 paid days off your first full year plus 9 paid holidays.
- Take care of yourself. Sign up for unique wellness programs, including on-site, company-paid fitness facilities and classes
- Get your learning on. We promote a learning culture to help you master your current job and cultivate the skills of the future through a variety of on-site, online, and off-site professional development opportunities.
- Give back and get paid. Through our employee volunteer program, Pinnacol in Action, employees receive paid time off to volunteer with Colorado nonprofits.
- Share in our success. You’ll have the opportunity to earn a quarterly incentive, up to 20 percent of your annual base salary, when your team exceeds their goals and objectives.
When we find the right person, we try to put our best foot forward with an offer that excites you. We consider what you’d like to be paid, what similar jobs pay in the Denver area and make sure there’s equal pay for equal work among those you’ll be working with.
Want to love your work? Apply today!