Pinnacol Assurance does just one thing, and does it better than anyone: provide caring workers’ compensation protection to Colorado employers and employees. Although employers are required by law to provide Worker’s Comp insurance, we believe our service is making a meaningful impact in worker’s lives across Colorado in their moments of need.
We have big hearts and love big ideas. We’ve been around for over 100 years, but don’t let that fool you. Pinnacol is committed to taking care of Colorado employers and workers in the most innovative of ways! We celebrate continuous improvement, new ideas, compassion, teamwork, integrity and excellence.
With our number one priority to keep everyone safe, along with the heart of Pinnacol’s “culture of caring” to do what is right and not what is easy, we’re currently having our team members work from home. During remote work, we’re still making time for fun! We host virtual painting classes, virtual yoga and Zumba classes, and virtual happy hours!
What you’ll do:
Oversee accounting activities related to the general ledger, accounts payable and accounts receivable. Direct and coordinate activities of accounting staff and ensure successful monthly and quarterly financial close. Responsible for financial administration of the internal structured settlement program.
What you can expect:
- Direct and/or review accounting activities to include journal entries, reconciliations, and internal financial statements for Pinnacol and/or its related entities
- Oversee accounts payable and accounts receivable and guide accounting staff on process improvements
- Oversee the accounting and administration of the internal structured settlement program
- Oversee maintenance of the accounting/general ledger software and expense management software
- Maintain professional banking relationships and facilitate enhancements and decision-making related to company’s payment processes
- Provide guidance on accounting and financial matters related to Pinnacol’s Health and Welfare Trust
- Identify, advise on and/or lead projects to improve and create processes in finance to enhance efficiency, compliance and communication with other business partners
- Establish and maintain strong internal controls for areas of responsibility
- Ensure all internal accounting policies and procedures are followed and make recommendations as necessary
- Responsible for all management functions with direct reports including hiring, performance management, timekeeping, expense report approval, etc.
- Create, implement and maintain effective performance feedback process for direct reports by establishing clear goals and expectations including adherence to standard work; hold direct reports accountable for results
- Provide leadership, direction, coaching and development of direct reports creating a high performing team and culture of open communication; promote teamwork and cooperation within team and throughout organization
- Assist management in implementing team operational strategies to achieve financial and business objectives
- Lead Finance department and inter-department steering committees/project teams as requested
- Ensure that direct reports have necessary knowledge and skills by providing opportunities for training, self-study, and other educational activities
- Monitor and guide direct reports to develop business, technical, and leadership skills; make recommendations on status changes for assigned team members
- Continues to improve processes related to regular activities
- Maintain all relevant controls related to job duties
- Perform other duties as assigned
What you’ll bring to the table:
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance strongly preferred. Relevant work experience (similar kind of work at a similar level of work as described in the essential duties) may be substituted for the bachelor's degree. Seven years of accounting/finance experience required with at least two years of direct supervisory experience. Must have strong attention to detail while focusing on the big picture. Proficiency in accounting software and expense management systems is required. Must be able to manage priorities and meet deadlines. CPA or other accounting certification a plus.
We can’t do our work without people like you.
Our employees are extraordinary and committed to making a difference. Here’s some of the ways we show our appreciation.
- Our benefits go beyond the basics. You’ll get to choose from diverse benefit offerings for medical, dental and vision.
- We care about each other. We enjoy a positive, collaborative work environment. We are hard workers and high performers.
- Take a day (or 20!) off. Enjoy 20 paid days off your first full year plus 9 paid holidays.
- Take care of yourself. Sign up for unique wellness programs, including on-site, company-paid fitness facilities and classes
- Get your learning on. We promote a learning culture to help you master your current job and cultivate the skills of the future through a variety of on-site, online, and off-site professional development opportunities.
- Give back and get paid. Through our employee volunteer program, Pinnacol in Action, employees receive paid time off to volunteer with Colorado nonprofits.
- Share in our success. You’ll have the opportunity to earn a quarterly incentive, up to 20 percent of your annual base salary, when your team exceeds their goals and objectives.
When we find the right person, we try to put our best foot forward with an offer that excites you. We consider what you’d like to be paid, what similar jobs pay in the Denver area and make sure there’s equal pay for equal work among those you’ll be working with.
Want to love your work? Apply today!