At Pinnacol, our mission is to lead a revolution in caring for people, businesses and our community. Any company can sell a promise, but it's how we keep it that makes all the difference in the world
What you’ll do:
As the Director of Product, you will play a key role in realizing our mission by providing customers with tools and experiences they can’t live without. Your ability to understand customer problems, deliver small scale experiments, rapidly learn from observation and then ultimately deliver will leave our customers begging for more.
What you can expect:
We are seeking an experienced director of product who will build world-class solutions to solve customer problems (includes but is not limited to):
- Develop enterprise product strategy and vision and clearly communicate product strategy to product teams, business and IT
- Formal leadership: : Coach and lead a team of product professionals (product owners, UX designers, UX researcher) while aligning individual product roadmaps with the overarching enterprise product strategy/vision
- Co-create product philosophy & approach with product team, business leaders and IT leaders
- Customer understanding: Understand our customers so personally that we experience what they experience and fall in love with their problems and aspirations
- Customer advocate: Be the voice of our customers and solve their problems in ways we never thought possible
- Data Driven: Be ridiculously curious and data-driven, with an iterative mindset; create and own your success metrics. Demonstrate ability to synthesize data, quantify customer pain points and rapidly build and deliver products.
- Outcome Measurement: Constantly assess performance metrics to refine strategy and future product development
- Prioritization: Evaluate inputs from customers and business to lead prioritization of the right work that will create the highest value for our customers
- Small scale experimentation: Lead team to break insights and opinions into hypotheses, reimagine the right tests, measure with discipline and iterate based on customer observation
- Work effectively with cross functional partners: Collaborate with product professionals, business leaders and tech teams
- Innovation Spirit: inspire teams to create product to solve problems in a way we never thought possible
- Strong communication: Communicate frequently and clearly with other teams and leaders to generate support and buy-in
- Relentless desire to dig into what’s working and what’s not to inform opportunity
What you’ll bring to the table:
- 5 or more years of product leadership experience guiding product strategy and vision at the enterprise level
- Consumer-centric; deep customer empathy and curiosity
- Experience in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Proven track record of delivering world class products
- Powerful analytical skills and attention to detail; data driven and metrics oriented
- Proven ability to ideate and innovate; ability to inspire and be inspired
- Self-driven; able to thrive in fast-paced, high-growth, uncertain situations
- Self-aware with a strong desire to learn and continuously improve
- Strong communication, collaboration and negotiation skills
- Ability to lead large cross-functional groups and drive results
We can’t do our work without people like you.
Our employees are extraordinary and committed to making a difference. Here’s some of the ways we show our appreciation.
- Our benefits go beyond the basics. You’ll get to choose from diverse benefit offerings for medical, dental and vision.
- We care about each other. We enjoy a positive, collaborative work environment. We are hard workers and high performers.
- Take a day (or 20!) off. Enjoy 20 paid days off your first full year plus eight paid holidays annually.
- Take care of yourself. Sign up for unique wellness programs, including on-site, company-paid fitness facilities and classes
- Get your learning on. We promote a learning culture to help you master your current job and cultivate the skills of the future through a variety of on-site, online, and off-site professional development opportunities.
- Give back and get paid. Through our employee volunteer program, Pinnacol in Action, employees receive paid time off to volunteer with Colorado nonprofits.
- Share in our success. You’ll have the opportunity to earn a quarterly incentive, up to 20 percent of your annual base salary, when your team exceeds their goals and objectives.
When we find the right person, we try to put our best foot forward with an offer that excites you. We consider what you’d like to be paid, what similar jobs pay in the Denver area and make sure there’s equal pay for equal work among those you’ll be working with.
Want to love your work? Apply today!