Pinnacol Assurance does just one thing, and does it better than anyone: provide caring workers’ compensation protection to Colorado employers and employees. And while we may be a little biased, we believe that our work shapes communities and changes lives.
We have big hearts and love big ideas. We celebrate continuous improvement, innovation, compassion, teamwork, integrity and excellence. Speaking of celebrating, we love having fun at work. We host holiday parties, on-site painting classes, and employees love our yoga classes and book club, too.
What you’ll do:
You will work with medical, claims, and policy related data that comes in a variety of formats – structured and unstructured - to generate insights and embed artificial intelligence into applications. As a Data Scientist, you will work with internal teams to:
- Extract and clean data from various sources
- apply tools and methods to transform or enrich data for an array of possible uses
- build creative solutions for a variety of problems of interest to our company
What you can expect:
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and enjoy working closely with a core data science team
- Build collaborative working relationships with both technical and business team members from a variety of teams and backgrounds
- Share knowledge and communicate complex concepts effectively to both technical and non-technical team members and leaders
- Enthusiastically seek out opportunities to grow both your domain and technical knowledge
- Devise creative approaches for leveraging incomplete or noisy data to build intelligent and/or automated solutions for decision-making and analysis
- Create effective technical documentation, charts, graphs, and analyses to support operationalizing and maintenance of solutions and products
- Support team members in the maintenance of systems for production environments and resolution of internal and external customer issues
What you’ll bring to the table:
- Experience with common data science libraries (e.g. spaCy, Pandas, NumPy, Scikit-learn, XGBoost, Tensorflow, PyTorch, Keras)
- Two or more years of experience working with healthcare data (e.g. medical records, insurance claims, and clinical text) strongly preferred
- Experience with one or more of the following strongly preferred: recommendation systems, prescriptive analytics, search, building data pipelines
- Familiar with fundamental concepts, practices, and principles of software and API development, version control, containers, and scalable infrastructure/platforms
- Strong programming skills. Preferred languages: Python, SQL,Bash
- Experience executing projects using cloud environments; preferred experience in Google Cloud Platform
We can’t do our work without people like you.
Our employees are extraordinary and committed to making a difference. Here’s some of the ways we show our appreciation.
- Our benefits go beyond the basics. You’ll get to choose from diverse benefit offerings for medical, dental and vision.
- We care about each other. We enjoy a positive, collaborative work environment. We are hard workers and high performers.
- Take a day (or 20!) off. Enjoy 20 paid days off your first full year plus eight paid holidays annually.
- Take care of yourself. Sign up for unique wellness programs, including on-site, company-paid fitness facilities and classes
- Get your learning on. We promote a learning culture to help you master your current job and cultivate the skills of the future through a variety of on-site, online, and off-site professional development opportunities.
- Give back and get paid. Through our employee volunteer program, Pinnacol in Action, employees receive paid time off to volunteer with Colorado nonprofits.
- Share in our success. You’ll have the opportunity to earn a quarterly incentive, up to 20 percent of your annual base salary, when your team exceeds their goals and objectives.
When we find the right person, we try to put our best foot forward with an offer that excites you. We consider what you’d like to be paid, what similar jobs pay in the Denver area and make sure there’s equal pay for equal work among those you’ll be working with.
Want to love your work? Apply today!