Pine Gate Renewables is seeking a Director of PV Design Engineering to develop and lead PGR’s PV design engineering department. The Director of PV Design Engineering will impact the overall company growth strategies, advance design engineering principles, theories and concepts, and have a distinguished record of department and project management. They will be recognized as an authority in the field of PV design engineering. Must have relevant industry experience for consideration.
What You’ll Do
- Developing the PV design engineering department and managing department hiring processes
- Forecasting PV design engineering bandwidth needs based on project pipeline
- Managing work schedules, allocating resources, and overseeing day to day operations of the PV design engineering department
- Creating PV design engineering standard operating procedures, specifications, and scopes of work while coordinating with other interdepartmental processes
- Managing a local, state, and federal electrical and construction codes and standards database to ensure PV design code compliancy
- Developing and managing AutoCAD PV design detail libraries and standards
- Developing and managing PV design engineering tools and templates
- Developing and managing strategic relationships with 3rd party engineering firms
- Performing QAQC on PV design deliverables including Issued for Permit, Issued for Construction, and Record set drawings.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience working as PV design engineer and/or manager
- Proficiency in PV design and management software.
- In-depth knowledge of PV design principles, DC and AC electrical principles, and National Electric Code.
- Leadership, management, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, evolving environment
- Availability to perform construction site visits when relevant.
- NAPCEP certification
Education and Certifications
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or other related technology degree.
Working Environment and Physical Demand
- Some travel may be required (construction site visits)