The Transaction Manager provides critical project support and coordination functions for the internal finance team. This position supports our transactions (project finance and legal) departments and works with counsel, lenders and investors to facilitate a smooth closing of project acquisitions, tax equity, loan closing and subsequent installment transactions. The perfect candidate will be a highly motivated, enthusiastic, problem-solving individual who is a self-starter and eager to learn and grow. This position reports to the VP of Transaction Management and works closely with all members of the Pine Gate Renewables team, including development, construction and asset management. This role requires flexibility, being able to think on your feet and outside of the box and the ability to coordinate and deliver on multiple deadlines while staying engaged in seeing project closings through to completion.
What You’ll Do
- Establish closing timelines and hold company departments accountable for closing efficiently and on time and work closely with the VP of Transaction Management to problem solve issues.
- Supports the Development/Finance/Legal Team by managing the entire due diligence process for project closings and acquisitions.
- Manages both internal and external expectations on closing timing and expectations.
- Performs advanced administrative, information management and project coordination functions.
- Build file structure for external data rooms and manage naming conventions for each file pre and post-closing.
- Manage all investor closing checklist and internal PGR closing checklists and Q&A trackers.
- Run all internal and external diligence calls.
- Manage all departments within Pine Gate Renewables to obtain financing closing diligence items.
- Field investor and lender questions on all project diligence.
- Coordinate all closing logistics, including signature pages, recording logistics, and other administrative duties.
- Follow up on all post-closing activities and works closely with asset management to ensure proper handoff.
- Manage the internal and external data share sites during the financing stages of the project lifecycle.
- Generate a post-closing memo to be used internally for handoff to asset management.
- Process/organize/file all documents connected with financial closing.
- Be the company representative on all project-diligence related matters during and immediately after the financial closing process.
- Familiarity with corporate entity formation, maintenance, and governance
- Strong work ethic and ability to self-start in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated organizational and communication skills, as these are necessary to delivering consistent, quality work product
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy, priority setting and time management skills
- Ability to work with little supervision and to seek help when needed
- Patience, determination and a sense of humor
- Works well under pressure
- Notary public a plus
Education and Certifications
- Bachelor’s degree or certificate in paralegal studies
Working Environment and Physical Demand
- Some travel may be required