As a Project Finance Analyst at Pine Gate, you will be responsible for providing sophisticated financial analysis and deal management/execution support for project financing transactions, project acquisition, and project development opportunities. You will support the structuring and closing of tax equity, debt, and sponsor equity transactions as well provide complex financial modeling to support the development and construction of utility-scale solar farms throughout the country. You will report to the Vice President of Project Finance and will work closely with the rest of PGR’s Project Finance team.
The work is fast-paced, challenging, and intellectually stimulating. As such, you will need to be a self-starter, work well under pressure, have the aptitude to synthesize substantial amounts of information, and be capable of creating innovative solutions to complex problems. If you find renewable energy exciting and can adapt and innovate in a continually evolving industry, we want to speak with you.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Evaluate current and potential projects through forecasting cash flows, evaluating tax impacts, quantifying investor returns, and determining project risks and mitigants
- Own the financial modeling process for project financings and assist in project-level due diligence
- Work with the deal execution teams to assist in transaction closings
- Support PGR’s M&A and development teams through financial return analysis
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders in development, EPC, engineering, and accounting as well as third-party consultants to develop extensive financial models for PGR and its investment partners
- Support existing relationships with lenders, tax equity investors, and brokers, responding to inquiries and soliciting information as needed
- Create marketing materials for soliciting proposals for the disposition or financing of projects
ABOUT YOU (AT A MINIMUM)
- 1-2 years of related experience working in project finance, preferably in investment banking, debt capital markets, or with a project developer
- Proficiency with DCF analysis required; familiarity with tax and accounting methods preferred
- A Bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in Finance or Accounting
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills required
- Excellent analytical and communication skills required
- Ability to work independently, multi-task, make decisions, prioritize and meet assigned deadlines in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Strong work ethic, a high degree of detail orientation, and an extreme sense of urgency
At Pine Gate Renewables, we are committed to developing solar farms throughout the country. Our approach utilizes experience-backed management and real-time industry knowledge to site and develop projects in a way that delivers the maximum benefit to communities, utilities and investors. We work hard, and we like to have fun along the way.