Pine Gate Renewables is seeking an experienced, motivated, and highly-skilled Insurance Manager to join our growing team. This role will assist in the development, implementation, and maintenance of the Company’s business insurance programs, including the management of policies and claims. Ideally you have a strong aptitude for managing and prioritizing multiple projects and deadlines while working in a fast-paced environment. The Insurance Manager will report to the VP of Corp. Finance and work closely with the Asset Management team.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Support all development, legal, construction and operations activities from an insurance perspective
- Coordinating with both internal and external team to ensure insurance requirements and policies are being issued for all financings and re-financings
- Maintain close relationships with development, construction and operations individuals to help ensure that all significant risks are identified and properly considered
- Monitor performance of brokers and service providers, recommend and implement any necessary changes
- Manage the renewal process for all insurance policies
- Analyze and report on significant insurance issues
- Ensure annual compliance with lender and other requirements with respect to insurance programs
- Perform insurance claim processes; investigation, development, adjustment, and settlement
- Educate other team members on insurance, risk and claim issues
- Various other business insurance related duties
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & ATTRIBUTES
- 1-3 years of experience in insurance and risk management, preferably in the renewable energy sector
- Financial acumen with the ability to think critically and execute effectively
- Strong aptitude for managing and prioritizing multiple projects and deadlines
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills coupled with the ability to summarize key points and define actionable items
- Ability to work under tight deadlines with little to no direction
- Demonstrated computer expertise, including Word, Power Point, etc.
- Diligent, detail oriented, and dynamic
- Able to self-organize priorities
At Pine Gate Renewables, we are committed to developing solar farms throughout the country. Our approach utilizes experience-backed management and real-time industry knowledge to site and develop projects in a way that delivers the maximum benefit to communities, utilities and investors. We work hard, and we like to have fun along the way.