As a Project Financial Analyst at Pine Gate, you will be responsible for providing sophisticated financial analysis and deal management/execution support for project financing transactions and project acquisition opportunities. You will support the structuring and closing of tax equity and debt transaction as well as the acquisitions team and new markets team to complete the development and construction of utility-scale solar farms throughout the country. You will report to the Vice President of Project Finance and will work closely with the rest of PGR’s M&A and Project Finance team.
The work is fast-paced, challenging, and intellectually stimulating. As such, you will need to work well under pressure, have the aptitude to synthesize large amounts of information, and be capable of creating innovative solutions to complex problems. If you find renewable energy exciting and are able to adapt and innovate in a continually evolving industry, we want to speak with you.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Evaluate current and potential projects through forecasting cash flows, evaluating tax impacts, quantifying investor returns, and determining project risks and mitigants
- Own the financial modeling process for project financings and assist in project-level due diligence
- Coordinate with deal execution teams to assist in transaction closings
- Support PGR’s M&A team through acquisition pricing analysis and document negotiation
- Collaborate with internal accounting staff and third-party accountants to develop extensive financial models for PGR and its investment partners
- Build analytical models to evaluate potential corporate strategies, alternative financing vehicles, and/or new project ownership structures
- Support existing relationships with lenders, tax equity investors, and brokers, responding to inquiries and soliciting information as needed
- Create materials and communications for the disposition or financing of projects
- Analyze the viability of new markets and legislative programs in cooperation with the efforts of PGR’s development team
ABOUT YOU (AT A MINIMUM)
- 2 years of corporate experience working in a finance capacity, preferably in accounting, investment banking, debt capital markets, or real estate preferred
- A Bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in Finance or Accounting
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills preferred
- Proficiency with project finance required; familiarity with tax and accounting methods preferred
- Excellent quantitative, analytical and communication skills
- Ability to work independently, multi-task, make decisions, prioritize and meet assigned deadlines in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Strong work ethic, a high degree of detail orientation, and an extreme sense of urgency
At Pine Gate Renewables, we are committed to developing solar farms throughout the country. Our approach utilizes experience-backed management and real-time industry knowledge to site and develop projects in a way that delivers the maximum benefit to communities, utilities and investors. We work hard, and we like to have fun along the way.