Pine Gate is building its regulatory and government affairs function working to secure the adoption of state and federal energy policies that facilitate the development of utility-scale solar facilities. Our Director of Government Affairs requires extensive knowledge and experience with renewable energy policy and policymaking. They will also require extensive experience with federal and state legislative processes. You will help us stay knowledgeable and help shape regulatory and legislative policies affecting the solar industry and our business. If you find renewable energy exciting and have good familiarity with policy issues affecting the solar industry, we want to speak with you.
This position can be remote in the DC Metro Area or at one of our North Carolina offices.
SUCCESS FACTORS (FIRST 12 MONTHS)
- Strategic Regulatory Expertise & Engagement: Work independently and as part of a team to develop and implement legal and regulatory strategies for advancing PGR’s commercial interests across the country.
- Track key regulatory developments and lobbying activities affecting the solar industry.
- Evaluate pending legislation which may have impact on the company and prepare timely recommendations for PGR leadership.
- Legislative Representation: Work closely with PGR leadership on engagements before federal and state legislative bodies and other related constituencies. Manage outside legislative representation at the federal and state level.
- Trade Association Involvement: You are a key figure in representing Pine Gate in its work as a member of state, regional and national trade associations.
- Strategic Planning: You will work with Pine Gate management to develop the company’s legislative and policy priorities and the budgetary resources to support them.
- Internal Communications: The position will be responsible for keeping Pine Gate executives briefed on major policy developments, including recommending Pine Gate positions on specific issues and incorporating executive feedback to shape Pine Gate’s external messaging and speak publicly on behalf of Pine Gate with respect to our policy priorities.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & ATTRIBUTES
- JD or Master’s in policy, energy, or economics preferred
- 10+ years in the electric industry with preferred experience in renewable energy policy
- 5+ years’ experience in electric industry policy advocacy
- Experience leading stakeholder groups and managing legislative and regulatory support
- Experience working in legislative and/or regulatory environments required
- Ability to develop relationships with key influencers and decision makers including elected officials
- Excellent written, speaking and interpersonal skills
At Pine Gate Renewables, we are committed to developing solar farms throughout the country. Our approach utilizes experience-backed management and real-time industry knowledge to site and develop projects in a way that delivers the maximum benefit to communities, utilities and investors. We work hard, and we like to have fun along the way.