Pine Gate Renewables is seeking a Staff Accountant that is excited about working in a dynamic environment in the renewable energy industry. This role maintains and controls the general ledger accounts and business transactions of multiple project companies, applying Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). You should like working in a fast-paced environment, effectively manage multiple priorities, and thrive in an autonomous and deadline-oriented environment.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE
- Assist the Controller with the day-to-day, monthly, quarterly, and year-end operations of the Accounting/Finance Department for your assigned entities.
- Perform month end closing duties for Pine Gate Renewables, LLC’s affiliate LLCs including bank reconciliations, analysis of prepaid expenses, review of job costs, journal entries for depreciation, debt and intangible amortization and accrued expenses.
- Maintain financial compliance with economic models, including preparation of lease amortization schedules, ensuring timely payment of rent and debt obligations.
- Assist tax manager with information required to complete excise tax, property tax, sales tax and income tax filings as needed.
- Assist in preparing construction draw packages for assigned projects, if applicable.
- Assist asset management team in the preparation of investor compliance reporting for assigned project entities.
- Support finance personnel, as needed, in preparation for equity and debt transactions.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & ATTRIBUTES
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, finance or other related major with a heavy emphasis on accounting required.
- Three (3) plus years of corporate and/or public accounting experience, with demonstrated advancement of skills and responsibility.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel Skills.
- Experience with Intacct strongly preferred.
- Strong organization skills and ability to work independently, multi-task, make decisions, prioritize and meet assigned deadlines in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Be able to demonstrate attention to details and good record-keeping.
- High level of interpersonal skills with demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, with the ability to clearly communicate issues to all levels of management.
- Demonstrate a proficient level of professional skill and/or knowledge in accounting and keep current with developments and trends.
- Knowledge and ability to use applicable information technology and systems to meet work needs.
At Pine Gate Renewables, we are committed to developing solar farms throughout the country. Our approach utilizes experience-backed management and real-time industry knowledge to site and develop projects in a way that delivers the maximum benefit to communities, utilities and investors. We work hard, and we like to have fun along the way.