This role supports our Engineering, Operations, Logistics, and Maintenance teams to develop, acquire, and operate utility-scale solar projects throughout the United States. You work collaborate with and support internal groups providing creative legal solutions. You must be able to communicate effectively to both lawyers and non-lawyers alike ensuring we are always prepared for our next phase of operations. Preferably, you have strong interest and curiosity regarding the clean energy industry and have worked in large scale utilities or construction. If you are a self-starter who enjoys working on a broad variety of subjects with a passion for renewable energy, we want to speak with you. Read below for more information on what we are looking for.
SUCCESS FACTORS (FIRST 12 MONTHS)
- Written Legal Expertise: Draft and negotiate engineering, procurement and construction agreements, corporate agreements, operations and maintenance agreements, master supply agreements, subcontracts and other agreements in connection with the solar and energy storage projects. Advise and assist with construction and contractual claims and disputes with contractors, owners, and subcontractors.
- Legal Support: Provide general legal support to construction, procurement, and engineering teams as needed. Work with project executives to identify risk on construction projects and implement risk mitigation plans. Draft and negotiate specific items regarding real estate, banking, and finance.
- Project Management: Control the flow down of key provisions in financing and EPC agreements into the appropriate procurement and construction agreements. Manage and supervise outside counsel as necessary.
- Process Improvement: Assist in implementing systems to improve the process for reviewing, drafting, negotiating, and administering the EPC team’s core contracts including training project teams to understand contract requirements. Assist project teams to ensure appropriate subcontracting requirements are met and issues are resolved. Develop written procedures for contract review and manage the administration and notice requirements.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & ATTRIBUTES
- J.D. from an accredited law school
- Licensed to practice in any U.S. jurisdiction
- 4+ years of practical legal experience
- Experience in the utility scale solar field strongly preferred
- Unquestionable ethics and integrity, sound judgment
At Pine Gate Renewables, we are committed to developing solar farms throughout the country. Our approach utilizes experience-backed management and real-time industry knowledge to site and develop projects in a way that delivers the maximum benefit to communities, utilities and investors. We work hard, and we like to have fun along the way.