As the Project Finance Associate, you will report to the Vice President of Project Finance and will assist in the structuring and executing of project-level tax equity, debt, and cash equity financing transactions. You will build and utilize complex financial models to assess the economic viability of acquisition targets, perform front-end valuation and debt sizing analysis, and will quantify all sources of potential third-party capital throughout a project’s lifecycle. To be successful in this role, you must be a self-starter who is motivated to advance your project finance career. The ability to think critically and identify and resolve key issues in solar financings is highly important. You will be expected to work collaboratively with PGR’s interdepartmental team members representing development, engineering, construction, and accounting, as well as outside stakeholders, in order to ensure accuracy and consistency of information. The work is fast paced, demanding, and intellectually stimulating. You will need to work well under pressure, have the aptitude to synthesize large amounts of information, and be capable of creating innovative solutions.
SUCCESS FACTORS (FIRST 12 MONTHS)
- Evaluate current and potential acquisition and financing opportunities by forecasting cash flows, tax impacts, and investor returns.
- Collaborate effectively on a deal execution team to raise sponsor equity, tax equity, construction and perm debt.
- Manage financial models and third party consultants, prepare marketing materials, and assist in negotiating transaction documents.
- Coordinate with finance providers on due diligence and documentation.
- Facilitate the drawdown and closing process with respect to construction debt, tax equity, permanent debt, and permanent cash equity providers.
- Assess the economic viability of project acquisition opportunities alongside M&A and business development teams.
- Support senior management of PGR on various financing related matters on an on-going basis.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & ATTRIBUTES
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in Finance or Accounting.
- At least 3-5 years of project finance experience working within the U.S. power or infrastructure sectors. Solar or renewable energy experience preferred but not required.
- Experience with project finance debt, equity, and/or tax equity deal execution required.
- Proficiency with project finance required; familiarity with tax and accounting methods preferred.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills required.
- Excellent quantitative, analytical and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, multi-task, think critically, prioritize, and meet assigned deadlines in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
At Pine Gate Renewables, we are committed to developing solar farms throughout the country. Our approach utilizes experience-backed management and real-time industry knowledge to site and develop projects in a way that delivers the maximum benefit to communities, utilities and investors. We work hard, and we like to have fun along the way.