Pine Gate Renewables is seeking a Development Engineer to perform engineering and project support tasks for distributed generation and utility-scale photovoltaic systems. The Ideal candidate is enthusiastic, self-motivated, and results-oriented.
- Create conceptual design layouts for PV power plants utilizing AutoCAD, PVCAD, and Helios 3D design software
- Create energy models utilizing PVSYST software
- Support Project Engineers in creating utility Interconnection applications, electrical permits, and construction documents
- Perform electrical calculations for AC and DC cable sizing, voltage drop, overcurrent protection, grounding, and other design elements
- Provide technical support to Pine Gate Renewables’ development, procurement, construction, and O&M departments
- Develop proficiency in NEC and other applicable state and local codes
- Additional duties as assigned and/or directed
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & ATTRIBUTES
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent technology program
- 1+ years of PV Design Engineering experience preferred
- AutoCAD proficiency.
- Knowledge of AC and DC electrical principles
- Knowledge of National Electric Code, International Building Code, International Fire Code and other standards relevant to the industry
- Microsoft office proficiency
- PVSYST, PVCAD, and/or Helios 3D design software proficiency preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple projects and tasks
- NABCEP Entry Level certification or equivalent preferred
At Pine Gate Renewables, we are committed to developing solar farms throughout the country. Our approach utilizes experience-backed management and real-time industry knowledge to site and develop projects in a way that delivers the maximum benefit to communities, utilities and investors. We work hard, and we like to have fun along the way.