We believe in entrepreneurship at Pine Gate and are looking for an experienced Transmission expert to join our growing Development team. You will be responsible for securing interconnection agreements for Pine Gate’s portfolio across the United States as well as developing transmission strategies to minimize curtailment/ congestion risk. The individual will not only be expected to have strong technical skills but should also demonstrate strategic approach, exceptional customer relationship and communication skills.
If you find renewable development exciting, have experience with relevant software (PSS/E, PSLF, PowerWorld, PROMOD, GE MAPS etc.) and gets excited about solving complex transmission related challenges, we want to speak with you. It helps if you enjoy a fast-paced environment and like to have fun. Read on to learn more about how you will become a subject matter expert within our development team and help build the bright future.
SUCCESS FACTORS (FIRST 12 MONTHS)
- Successfully navigate Interconnection Process: You have become a trusted guide to our development teams when it comes to getting the interconnection agreement executed with various utilities, ISOs and RTOs. You work with our project developers and engineering team on how to execute interconnection agreements while managing the cost.
- Development Support: You demonstrate the technical skills to guide the development teams by performing injection analysis, examine transmission congestion and provide critical inputs while prioritizing potential queue positions, due diligence for M&A prospects.
- Power Marketing Support: In this area, you bring the creative mind while supporting unique value proposition with the power marketing team. This involves ways to reduce the basis/congestion between the project and the trading hubs, explore wheeling strategies between the markets and running what-if analysis to understand the risk associated with the deliverability of the project.
- Cross-Functional support: At Pine Gate, we believe in teamwork. You work effectively with various teams (engineering, power marketing, and finance) as well as outside consultants to take the project from infancy stage to development and finally through execution phase.
- Effective Communication: Being an effective communicator is key to our success. As a technical and market expert, you learn on how to communicate your ideas to our team as well pursued our customers and investors especially while adopting new concepts while adopting new technologies.
- Quality control and efficiency: You have come up at least one process improvement idea on how to make the internal processes more efficient while maintaining or exceeding the quality of our work.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & ATTRIBUTES:
- BS in Electrical Engineering or related field, MBA or a Graduate degree in any discipline is a plus
- Proficiency in specific software (PowerWorld , GE PSLF,TARA and PSS/E, PROMOD, GE Maps, Aurora etc).
- Technical background includes experience in transmission planning or generator interconnection process, and previous employment with a utility, or an ISO/RTO or a renewable energy company.
- Familiarity with transmission systems and long-term transmission plans in various markets.
- Understanding of Open Access Transmission Tariffs, Interconnection Procedures and Study Methodologies for utilities as well as ISO/RTO regions
- Comfort working in a high volume; fast-paced, results-oriented environment
- Keen attention to detail and the accuracy of data
- Superb communication skills, both oral and written, with the ability to provide updates at all levels as well as the ability to tailor communications to suit a variety of audience
- High customer service standards
At Pine Gate Renewables, we are committed to developing solar farms throughout the country and quickly complimenting with the storage technology. Our approach utilizes experience-backed management and real-time industry knowledge to site and develop projects in a way that delivers the maximum benefit to communities, utilities and investors. We work hard, and we like to have fun along the way.