We believe in entrepreneurship at Pine Gate and are looking for an experienced Performance Engineer to join our growing Development team. You will be responsible for blending the two technologies (Solar and Energy storage) while providing high-quality simulation results and expert guidance on new projects to Pine Gate’s development teams as well as to external customers. The individual will not only be expected to have strong technical skills but should also possess exceptional customer relationship and communication skills.
If you find renewable development exciting, have experience with relevant software (PV syst, SAM, PV Wats etc.) and excited to learn with us on the storage technology, we want to speak with you. It helps if you enjoy a fast-paced environment and like to have fun. Read on to learn more about how you will become a subject matter expert within our development team and help build our bright future.
SUCCESS FACTORS (FIRST 12 MONTHS)
- High quality simulation results for solar projects: You have become a trusted guide to our development teams when it comes to creating a robust and accurate production profile for our solar projects in development stage. You work with our project developers and vendors on how to create an efficient 8760 as well 12x24 energy forecast while using internal or external simulation platform.
- Learn and deliver hybrid forecast: As the storage technology gets mature, you learn with us and successfully blend the storage and solar technology to offer the best in class value proposition to our existing and prospective off-takers.
- Cross-Functional support: At Pine Gate, we believe in teamwork. You work effectively with various teams (finance, engineering, land origination and procurement) to take the project from infancy stage to development and finally through execution phase.
- Effective Communication: Being an effective communicator is key to our success. As a technical expert, you learn on how to communicate your ideas to our team as well pursued our customers and investors especially while adopting new technology such as energy storage.
- Quality control and efficiency: You have come up at least one process improvement idea on how to make the internal processes more efficient while maintaining or exceeding the quality of our work.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & ATTRIBUTES:
- Power industry experience, particularly in the solar and storage industry, preferred
- Experience with solar resource assessment and metrology is highly desirable
- Background in statistics is highly desirable, climate or atmospheric science a plus
- Strong programming ability, software development experience a plus
- Comfort working in a high volume; fast-paced, results-oriented environment
- Keen attention to detail and the accuracy of data
- Superb communication skills, both oral and written, with the ability to provide updates at all levels as well as the ability to tailor communications to suit a variety of audience
- High customer service standards
At Pine Gate Renewables, we are committed to developing solar farms throughout the country and quickly complimenting with the storage technology. Our approach utilizes experience-backed management and real-time industry knowledge to site and develop projects in a way that delivers the maximum benefit to communities, utilities and investors. We work hard, and we like to have fun along the way.