The Development Associate is a key member of a cross-functional execution team accountable for the origination, development, and monetization of a portfolio of selected Solar PV projects. Under the Director of Development’s direction, the Development Associate functions include coordinating across the different disciplines within the execution team to optimize project value, monitoring and communicating changes to portfolio value, researching and understanding state regulatory frameworks, assisting in securing offtake contracts, and maintaining relationships with development and utility partners. The Development Associate will also function as a leader-in-training capable of coaching and being coached by team-members from different departments and execution teams.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Spearhead strategic planning and reporting by working with internal departments and coordinating amongst the execution team on project execution, portfolio monetization, offtake opportunities, and project development schedules.
- Serve as a liaison for PGR with development partners, utility partners, large corporate customers, and regional and national trade organizations.
- Coordinate with internal teams on policy initiatives to creatively assess and explore potential for new market development; including conducting market and industry research and analysis.
- Assist origination efforts by reviewing offtake opportunities and managing submissions to requests for proposals (RFP) from all customer segments.
- Build and grow relationships with developers, IPPs, and utilities to identify mid and late stage projects that can be added to the PGR pipeline.
- Manage due diligence of projects that are potential acquisitions to confirm projects are economically viable and constructible within applicable deadlines.
- Collaborate with Project Finance and EPC team-members to optimize late stage projects in advance of closing.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & ATTRIBUTES
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Economics, Engineering, Finance, Public Policy, or Statistics required; Master’s Degree preferred.
- At least 2 years of experience working in business development, project development, or policy and government affairs in renewable energy.
- Deep knowledge of energy related policy and the regulatory processes that shape market opportunities.
- Expertise in Interconnection process and strategy and negotiating offtake agreements with corporates, municipalities, and/or utilities.
- Excellent quantitative, analytical, and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, multi-task, make decisions, prioritize and meet assigned deadlines in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
- Strong work ethic, a high degree of detail orientation, and an extreme sense of urgency.
At Pine Gate Renewables, we are committed to developing solar farms throughout the country. Our approach utilizes experience-backed management and real-time industry knowledge to site and develop projects in a way that delivers the maximum benefit to communities, utilities and investors. We work hard, and we like to have fun along the way.