The Development Project Manager will focus on the management of project development for utility-scale Solar PV Farms throughout the United States. The ideal candidate will focus on various aspects of the day to day project development process for renewable projects, selling power to various clients; to include utility power purchasers. Will also work closely and seamlessly with the company’s origination and business development, acquisitions, environmental, legal, engineering, construction, transmission, and project valuation teams to optimize project economics, mitigate project risks, and provide regular reporting on the status of projects under development and in construction. Will conduct and coordinate various project due diligence, system design and engineering, interconnection and permitting activities, working closely with both internal resources and outside consultants and support the preparation, review and negotiation of project documents including term sheets, power purchase agreements, site leases, security documents, interconnection agreements and engineering/ procurement/construction agreements.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Manage all aspects of solar PV project development including review of real estate, environmental, regulatory, technical and utility due diligence.
- Conduct due diligence and project analysis for PV solar projects in various states.
- Coordinate/Interface with engineering, finance, construction to ensure effective development of solar projects.
- Support the finance team with diligence for financing transactions.
- Manage consultants, external stakeholders and developers and other third parties to ensure project success.
- Manage budgets, milestones, schedules, and deliverables for development projects.
- Work with the development team to problem solve around various development issues to bring projects to commercial operation.
- Identify high-level key project, interconnection and access constraints
- Review permit applications and permit requirements, and associated impacts to the project
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & ATTRIBUTES
- Strong ability to build and maintain good relationships and work within a team environment in a friendly, professional and collaborative manner
- Highly resourceful in an organizational environment with proven ability to timely achieve goals that require substantial coordination with internal and external team members
- Strong ability to prioritize tasks and effectively manage competing deadlines
- A desire to work in a project-oriented environment where workflow and tight deadlines are often dictated by project opportunities and risks
- Self-starter and tenacious
- Proven ability to thrive with minimal oversight while timely reporting on progress and completing tasks without prompting
- Exceptional personal organizational skills
- Strong sense of ownership and personal responsibility for work
- Exceptional analytical, quantitative, research and commercial skills
- Exceptional ability to solve multi-factor problems with various unknowns applying a rigorous, data-driven analytical framework
- Solid written and oral communication skills with the proven ability to distill complex, multi-factor problems into clear, actionable deliverables
- Exceptional proficiency in Microsoft Office Products, specifically Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project, and Outlook
- A basic understanding of business-related matters which impact a solar development project, such as real estate acquisition, sales, marketing, utility infrastructure, and land constraints.
- Ability to receive constructive feedback and make corrective changes
- Exposure to the renewable energy industry is a plus
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business, Finance, Science or other quantitative or business-related field is required. Real-estate related degree and/or certifications are a plus.
- Minimum of two years’ experience with energy project development. Experience developing energy projects in the Southeast a plus.
- Knowledge and complete understanding of the full-cycle of utility-scale renewable power generation
- Knowledge of interconnection, permitting, real estate, state/federal regulation, policy and other issues that impact the development of renewable energy projects
- Prior commercial, legal and financial business experience will be considered in lieu of direct development experience
- Experience in a transaction or project-based environment, preferably in the power or energy sector
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office, specifically Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, Project, Outlook, and Salesforce
- MBA, JD or advanced Engineering degree a strong plus
At Pine Gate Renewables, we are committed to developing solar farms throughout the country. Our approach utilizes experience-backed management and real-time industry knowledge to site and develop projects in a way that delivers the maximum benefit to communities, utilities and investors. We work hard, and we like to have fun along the way.