We are looking for an experienced Controller to join our fast-paced and energetic company in the renewable energy industry. This position can be located in Asheville or Charlotte. You will provide leadership to the Accounting Department with responsibility for our financial statements, budgets, internal controls, and tax compliance issues. Strong communication and technology skills are critical – particularly expertise with Microsoft Excel and enterprise level accounting software.
The position will report to the CFO, and you must be able to adapt to a continually evolving environment and thrive in an autonomous and deadline-oriented workplace. If you have the experience and are excited about renewable energy, we want to speak with you.
SUCCESS FACTORS (FIRST 12 MONTHS)
- Reporting: All accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems are compliant with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory requirements as well as the requirements of equity investors and lenders. Maintain accurate records for the 100+ entities that are managed by PGR. In conjunction with the CFO, establish financial and operating benchmarks, budgets, and reporting standards on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis
- Treasury Management/Internal Controls: Ensure internal controls on cash expenditures and approvals are maintained and enforced. Oversee AP/AR for the 100+ entities managed by PGR.
- Taxes: Accurate quarterly and annual tax forecasting occurs on both state and federal levels. In conjunction with the CFO, provide corporate guidance on tax strategy, including utilizing solar project tax attributes to mitigate taxes.
- Policies & Legislation: Consistent accounting policies, practices, and procedures are implemented across all programs, upholding federal, state, and local legal standards.
- Industry Knowledge & Controls: The team is knowledgeable about existing, new, and future legislation affecting our industry. Internal controls are in place to maximize protection of company assets, policies, procedures, and workflows.
- Experienced Team Leader: Oversee and support the accounting team with dynamic leadership creating an environment of trust and productivity. The team has clear expectations and knows what is expected to achieve success. Managers are coaching their employees to expand their capabilities through work assignments, ongoing feedback, information sharing and learning opportunities.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & ATTRIBUTES
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, or related field
- CPA required
- Strong knowledge of existing and new regulatory standards (GAAP)
- Experience in solar or real estate industries strongly preferred
- Strong understanding of economic and banking processes
- 5+ years’ experience as a senior-level accounting or finance manager
- Strong working knowledge of detailed financial data analysis
- Diverse background in both public and private accounting practice preferred
- Familiarity with tax credit investments strongly preferred
- Experience with federal, state, and local tax compliance regulations and reporting
At Pine Gate Renewables, we are committed to developing solar farms throughout the country. Our approach utilizes experience-backed management and real-time industry knowledge to site and develop projects in a way that delivers the maximum benefit to communities, utilities and investors. We work hard, and we like to have fun along the way.