Pilot's Finance Operations team delivers bookkeeping of unparalleled quality to a portfolio of customers across a range of industries. But bookkeeping at Pilot doesn't look like bookkeeping anywhere else! Imagine a world where we've automated away all the repetitive parts, letting you focus on the customer, quality, and new ideas for how to make our tools better and our processes more efficient.
In a nutshell, Finance Operations Account Managers are accounting and finance experts with software superpowers who:
- Deliver high-quality books efficiently to our customers
- Delight customers with expert guidance and support
- Manage customer deadlines and expectations in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Work with our product and engineering teams to define and evolve our bookkeeping processes
As a Senior Finance Operations Account Manager, you’ll also spend time:
- Mentoring new graduates and less experienced members of the team
- Using your industry expertise to recommend process improvements to maximize accuracy and efficiency within our financial statement close process
- Investigating accounting issues and collaborating with our Controller Services function to develop methodology based upon accounting principles
Our ideal candidate is a highly motivated self-starter and who possesses all of the following:
- B.S. or M.S. in Accounting or equivalent
- Either 3+ years of industry experience or 1+ year of public accounting experience required
- Excellent written communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- A love of problem solving and making teams and processes more efficient
- Delight in providing an exceptional customer experience
Pilot launched in 2017 to bring the back office into the modern era. Pilot provides small businesses with dedicated finance experts - which Pilot hires as full-time, U.S.-based employees - who learn the ins-and-outs of their business. Pilot integrates directly with the billing, banking, expense, and payroll systems customers already use. With a special blend of custom software and expert bookkeepers, Pilot delivers accurate, consistent bookkeeping and financial management and tax services that give entrepreneurs the freedom to focus on their business.
Pilot has over 1,000 customers and has raised over $170 million in financing from Sequoia, Index Ventures, Stripe, Bezos Expeditions, and Whale Rock. Our investors also include a long list of world-class entrepreneurs, including Patrick and John Collison, Drew Houston, and Diane Greene. Our most recent funding round doubled our valuation to $1.2 billion – Meet Fintech’s Newest Unicorn.
- We invest in our employees’ development and happiness because our employees are the keys to our success and ensuring happy customers
- The opportunity to join a seasoned founding team that has led companies through two prior successful startups and acquisitions (by Oracle and Dropbox).
- Flexible vacation/time-off policy
- All federal holidays are observed
- Competitive benefits package including wellness benefits such as Modern Health, Headscape, One Medical, Aaptiv and Rightway
- Parental leave for birthing or non-birthing parents – 100% pay for 12 weeks
- 401(k) plan
Pilot commits to provide a work environment free of discrimination and harassment, as well as equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. You may view all of Pilot’s recruiting notices here, including our EEO policy, recruitment agency policy, recruitment scam notice, and important E-Verify information.