- Participate in all phases of the SDLC to support a complex Salesforce.com environment
- Develop and deploy code to customize, enhance and integrate Salesforce.com and boundary systems
- Adhere to test class best practices and QA levels, troubleshoot and bug fix as required
- Manage and maintain source code control and quality assurance based on best practices
- Collaborate to deliver corporate business systems and processes that solve Pilot’s technical and business needs
- Formulate enterprise level development guidelines and DevOps procedures
- Implement and maintain CI/CD life cycle development processes
- Continually work to identify gaps and form recommendations to improve efficiency of systems and processes that support changing business needs
- Evangelization of new technology and development of software applications to streamline and automate business processes
- Support and maintain Pilot’s internal business systems tech stack
- Document both functional and technical requirements as well as solution design documents
- Deliver superior customer service to the Pilot lines of business
- 5+ years of experience software development or programming experience
- 3+ years of experience in Salesforce.com design, development and administration
- 3+ years of experience with relevant business systems; Salesforce CRM (Sales and Support), Marketing Automation, Financials, BI/Analytics, Order Management, Billing Systems, etc.
- 3+ years of experience with Salesforce.com application development including; Apex (Classes, Triggers and Components), S-Controls, Pages, Portals, Sites, Visualforce, and Force.com IDE
- Proficiency in SOAP or REST based web services, Python, SQL, SOSQL,
- Prior experience with mobile app development, Java, HTML, XML, Perl, PHP is a plus
- Curiosity for cutting edge technology and solutions
- Strategic thinking and tactical project planning and management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Required – Bachelor’s degree (Computer Science, Information Systems) or equivalent
- Preferred – Salesforce Platform Developer Certification
Pilot launched in 2017 to bring the back office into the modern era. Pilot provides small businesses with dedicated finance experts - which Pilot hires as full-time, U.S.-based employees - who learn the ins-and-outs of their business. Pilot integrates directly with the billing, banking, expense, and payroll systems customers already use. With a special blend of custom software and expert bookkeepers, Pilot delivers accurate, consistent bookkeeping and financial management and tax services that give entrepreneurs the freedom to focus on their business.
Pilot has over 1,000 customers and has raised over $170 million in financing from Sequoia, Index Ventures, Stripe, Bezos Expeditions, and Whale Rock. Our investors also include a long list of world-class entrepreneurs, including Patrick and John Collison, Drew Houston, and Diane Greene. Our most recent funding round doubled our valuation to $1.2 billion – Meet Fintech’s Newest Unicorn.
- We invest in our employees’ development and happiness because our employees are the keys to our success and ensuring happy customers
- The opportunity to join a seasoned founding team that has led companies through two prior successful startups and acquisitions (by Oracle and Dropbox).
- Flexible vacation/time-off policy
- All federal holidays are observed
- 100% coverage of employee only (individual) benefits
- Parental leave for birthing or non-birthing parents – 100% pay for 12 weeks
- 401(k) plan
Pilot commits to provide a work environment free of discrimination and harassment, as well as equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. You may view all of Pilot’s recruiting notices here, including our EEO policy, recruitment agency policy, recruitment scam notice, and important E-Verify information.