As the founding member of our Comms team and reporting directly to the CEO, your mandate is to help build awareness around Pilot with key audiences. You’ll have an opportunity to build the Comms function from the ground up, overseeing external and internal communications and helping the team navigate key moments like company announcements, product launches, and speaking engagements.
You'll be responsible for building and managing a communications program that aligns with, and helps achieve, Pilot’s business goals. You'll also have the opportunity to hire and manage an external PR agency.
You'll be responsible for executive and employee communications, DE&I, and HR/employee branding comms support. You'll work with the CEO on our bi-weekly All Hands, Q&As, Town Halls, and special events.
- 7-12 years of communications experience in-house at a high-growth tech startup or working at an agency with startup clients
- Impeccable instincts on narrative building and strong writing skills
- Hands on, gets-stuff-done mentality
- Relationships with key media outlets (e.g. CNBC, TechCrunch, Bloomberg)
Pilot launched in 2017 to bring the back office into the modern era. Pilot provides small businesses with dedicated finance experts - which Pilot hires as full-time, U.S.-based employees - who learn the ins-and-outs of their business. Pilot integrates directly with the billing, banking, expense, and payroll systems customers already use. With a special blend of custom software and expert bookkeepers, Pilot delivers accurate, consistent bookkeeping and financial management and tax services that give entrepreneurs the freedom to focus on their business.
Pilot has over 1,000 customers and has raised over $170 million in financing from Sequoia, Index Ventures, Stripe, Bezos Expeditions, and Whale Rock. Our investors also include a long list of world-class entrepreneurs, including Patrick and John Collison, Drew Houston, and Diane Greene. Our most recent funding round doubled our valuation to $1.2 billion – Meet Fintech’s Newest Unicorn.
- We invest in our employees’ development and happiness because our employees are the keys to our success and ensuring happy customers
- The opportunity to join a seasoned founding team that has led companies through two prior successful startups and acquisitions (by Oracle and Dropbox).
- Flexible vacation/time-off policy
- All federal holidays are observed
- 100% coverage of employee only (individual) benefits
- Parental leave for birthing or non-birthing parents – 100% pay for 12 weeks
- 401(k) plan
Pilot commits to provide a work environment free of discrimination and harassment, as well as equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. You may view all of Pilot’s recruiting notices here, including our EEO policy, recruitment agency policy, recruitment scam notice, and important E-Verify information.