What we’re building
Pilot is looking for a Senior Legal Counsel to join our legal team as the second legal hire reporting to our General Counsel. You will have a broad range of responsibilities, working closely with company leaders and teams across the Pilot to provide legal support on a wide variety of issues.
- Develop and maintain strong business relationships as a key relationship manager for our legal department
- Draft, negotiate and structure inbound and outbound contracts, including partner agreements, marketing agreements and consulting agreements
- Provide full product life-cycle counseling and guidance in areas of data use and protection laws (including state and federal consumer protection and privacy laws)
- Partner with the People team on day-to-day employment matters
- Assist with strategic corporate transactions (financings and M&A), equity incentive plan administration and board and stockholder matters
- Graduated with a JD from a top law school and 5-8 years relevant experience, including 4+ years at a premier Amlaw 100 law firm (prior in-house experience preferred)
- An active member in CA State Bar
- Great communicator who is able to provide clear and concise legal advice to stakeholders who may or may not be familiar with the topic
- Ability to interact effectively across all employee levels
- Ability to balance multiple projects simultaneously
Pilot is about 160 people and growing quickly. We plan to be more than 300 people by the end of 2021.
Pilot most recently raised around $100M in Series C funding from Sequoia Capital and others at the start of 2021.
*Pilot does not accept unsolicited resumes from staffing vendors, recruitment agencies and/or search firms and will not pay any referral or placement fees for such unsolicited resumes or information.