Senior Accountant / Accounting Lead (pending on experience)
Location: San Francisco (Remote during COVID-19 office closure)
Pilot is looking for a stellar Accounting Manager to join our accounting team. You'll have an inside track to Pilot's leading edge accounting technology (used by our ~1,000 clients) and leverage your technical accounting knowledge. You will report directly to the Controller and assist with monthly close activities, financial audits, and any other ad-hoc projects. You are detail-oriented and you thrive in a fast-paced collaborative startup environment.
- Responsible for help driving the month-end close process which includes balance sheet reconciliations, ad-hoc analyses and reporting
- Assist in the company’s billing system, ensuring that customer invoices, payments, refunds, etc are processed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Identify and execute improvements to the company’s internal financial processes to streamline work and enhance controls.
- Assist in the audit process with external auditors
- Assist in implementing a new accounting ERP system in the future
We are looking for people who have:
- 4+ years of total experience in accounting with at least 2 years in audit at a Big 4 firm and at least 2 years working at a high growth technology startup
- Prior audit experience or experience working with external auditors
- Experience with Zuora billing and invoicing is preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with accounting and billing software such as QBO and Netsuite
- Maintain a high level of integrity, confidentiality and professional skepticism
- Proactive, self-starter who can thrive in a fast- paced environment
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in accounting or related field
Benefits of working at Pilot
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Holidays and flexible PTO
- Pre-tax commuter benefit
- Paid family leave
- Convenient office location in San Francisco, close to the Montgomery BART station
- Catered lunch and office snacks
About the team
We are a fast-growing team of 140 based in San Francisco and Nashville. Pilot’s seasoned founding team has led companies through two prior successful startups and acquisitions (by Oracle and Dropbox). Pilot has raised over $60 million from Index Ventures, Stripe and other prominent investors to focus on expanding our offerings, our customer base, and our team. We're a tight-knit group of smart, friendly people solving problems together with minimal bureaucratic overhead. But this is also the third company for this founding team, and we know how to build sustainable teams by investing in great benefits, professional development, great managers, and work/life balance.