What we’re building
Pilot is a tech company building the bookkeeping firm you wish existed. We deliver books and a customer experience of unparalleled quality by automating the boring stuff and equipping a team of finance experts with software superpowers to deftly handle the rest.
We are a small but passionate team of 130+ based in San Francisco and Nashville. Pilot’s seasoned founding team has led companies through two prior successful startups and acquisitions (by Oracle and Dropbox). We give our employees a lot of responsibility and ownership of their work, and we hire people from a very wide range of backgrounds and experience. Our team members operate with a high degree of empathy for our customers and each other.
We are looking for a strategic People & Talent leader to begin building out a People function that will support us as we grow to 200+ employees. We’ve made early foundational investments, many of which are unusual for a 3 year old company: compensation bands, level guides, and a 360 review process have been in place for almost 2 years, and we’re actively investing in our manager population. We need someone to transform this foundation into programs that will scale with our rapid growth. You’ll be our first HR hire, and you’ll have the opportunity to build a small team within 1 year.
- Be Pilot’s first dedicated Human Resources partner. Support and help resolve any employee relations concerns and any issues related to People & Talent.
- Work with executive leadership to lead Pilot’s headcount planning process
- Partner with leaders on our performance review and feedback process to help our team learn, grow, and scale
- Oversee Pilot’s ATS, HRIS, benefits administration, and (in collaboration with finance) payroll systems
- Oversee major aspects of our hiring strategy: facilitate the offer process, manage compensation bands, and provide an onboarding framework, all in partnership with hiring managers.
- Define a Learning and Development strategy to support individual career growth, with a strong focus on developing leaders and first-time managers
- 7+ years of experience in HR/People Operations supporting a geographically distributed workforce
- Experience working in a fast-growing environment supporting hundreds of employees
- Expertise across all general areas of HR, including Employee Onboarding, Organizational Design, Talent and Performance Management, Benefits, Employee Relations, and Employee Experience.
- High level of autonomy and sound judgment
- Strategic thinker who can also execute on tactical necessities — no task is too large or too small.
Benefits of working at Pilot
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Holidays and flexible PTO
- Company sponsored 401(k) plan
- Paid family leave
- Pre-tax commuter benefit
- Convenient office location in San Francisco, close to the Montgomery BART station (although currently the company is WFH due to COVID)