What we’re building
Every business in the world has to keep track of its bookkeeping, and it’s a terrible, expensive, and slow process. There's no Stripe, Gusto, or Google Apps of this world—no clear best-in-class bookkeeping firm that everyone uses because it delivers a service of unmatched quality and integrates with the tools and workflows to run your business as it grows.
Pilot is changing that. Our approach is to use software to automate as much of the heavy lifting as possible and giving those software superpowers to a team of finance experts. Which means that our customers, business owners across America, can focus on the reasons they started their businesses in the first place, instead of worrying about whether their bookkeeping is being done well.
About the team
We are a small but passionate team of 75 based in San Francisco. Pilot’s seasoned founding team has led companies through two prior successful startups and acquisitions (by Oracle and Dropbox). We give our employees a lot of responsibility and ownership of their work. You’ll get to work on fun and engaging projects with the best and brightest.
- Achieve and consistently exceed sales goals.
- Full-cycle sales with responsibility for building and maintaining a pipeline of prospective customers.
- Provide insightful and educational product demonstrations while answering complex financial questions - often providing creative ways to scale a business and introduce processes that help owners, founders, and finance teams focus on growing the business.
- Work cross-functionally with marketing, product, and engineering - echoing the voice of the customer and providing constructive and actionable feedback to the team.
- 2+ years of account executive sales experience in a closing role.
- You understand that change is the only constant in a startup, and you embrace it. You are excited about building a world class sales organization!
- You are curious, organized, and detailed - not afraid to to ask for help, but able to work independently.
- Proven track record of success and over-achievement of quotas.
- You are adaptable with a positive attitude. When faced with new challenges, failure simply isn't an option.
- Experience with Salesforce and/or Outreach.io.
- Accounting/finance background.
Benefits of working at Pilot
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Holidays and flexible PTO
- Pre-tax commuter benefit
- Paid family leave
- Convenient office location in San Francisco, close to the Montgomery BART station