What we’re building
Every company needs to keep track of its finances, and most hire a bookkeeping firm to help do so. But there's no Stripe, Gusto, or Google Apps of this world—no clear best-in-class firm that everyone uses because it delivers a service of unmatched quality and integrates with the tools and workflows to run your business as it grows. Pilot is building a first-of-its-kind, software-centric solution to tackle the financial back office (including bookkeeping, tax, CFO, etc.) so that founders and business owners don't have to.
Our approach is to use software to automate as much of the heavy lifting as possible and giving those software superpowers to a team of finance experts. This means that our customers, business owners across America, can focus on the reasons they started their businesses in the first place, instead of worrying about whether their bookkeeping is being done well.
The Onboarding Specialist team is at center of Pilot R&D—working with finance experts to iterate on how we deliver high-quality bookkeeping at scale. Onboarding Specialists are the first people new customers interact with, so it's on us to make a great first impression (conveying efficiency, expertise, and being worthy of our customers trust!) while collecting sensitive financial data so that we can set up customers in our automated bookkeeping systems.
In a nutshell, Onboarding Specialists are the resident experts on the financial institutions we integrate with, and with that expertise they:
Day to day responsibilities:
- Analyze our current onboarding processes to identify areas for automation and an improved customer experience
- Delight customers with expert guidance and support during our onboarding process
- Define, document, and debug how we interact with new financial institutions
- Define and evolve our onboarding processes as we take on customers with new needs in new verticals
- Partner with Customer Success, Sales, and Marketing to advocate for customer needs
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and relationship-building skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- A passion for customer onboarding or customer success and enjoy working directly with customers and going the extra mile
- Systems thinker with the ability to independently carry out rigorous problem solving
- Ability to juggle multiple projects without losing focus on timelines, progress, communication
- Experience and comfort with issue management and driving resolutions
No accounting experience is required.
This is a unique opportunity to be an integral part of the product development process at a tech startup without needing a background in engineering, product, or design.
Pilot is a hyper growth software startup that automates much of the heavy lifting in financial services (e.g., bookkeeping, tax, CFO services, etc.) for SMBs. Since launching in 2017, Pilot has built highly advanced engineering to automate these financial services.
Pilot has raised over $120M in Series A, Series B and Series C financing from Sequoia, Index Ventures & Stripe. The company’s investors include a long-list of world-class entrepreneurs, including Patrick and John Collison, Drew Houston and Diane Greene.
Pilot’s seasoned founding team has led companies through two prior successful startups and acquisitions (by Oracle and Dropbox). Pilot is headquartered in San Francisco and has a second office in Nashville. The company is scaling rapidly and has 150 employees.
At Pilot, we are enthusiastically pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce. We do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. However, we do encourage applicants of all backgrounds and identities to apply.
Pilot also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Pilot’s demonstrated commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.
Benefits of working at Pilot
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Holidays and flexible PTO
- Pre-tax commuter benefit
- Paid family leave