What we’re building
The Onboarding Specialist team is at center of Pilot R&D—working with finance experts to iterate on how we deliver high-quality bookkeeping at scale. Onboarding Specialists are the first people new customers interact with, so it's on us to make a great first impression (conveying efficiency, expertise, and being worthy of trust with your bank credentials!) while collecting credentials so we can set up the customer in our automated bookkeeping systems.
In a nutshell, Onboarding Specialists are the resident experts on the financial institutions we integrate with, and with that expertise they:
- Delight customers with expert guidance and support during our onboarding process
- Define, document, and debug how we interact with new financial institutions
- Define and evolve our onboarding processes as we take on customers with new needs in new verticals
- Partner with engineering on onboarding automation
- Excellent written communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- A love of problem solving and making teams and processes more efficient
- Delight in providing an exceptional customer experience
No accounting experience is required.
This is a unique opportunity to be an integral part of the product development process at a tech startup without needing a background in engineering, product, or design.
Pilot is 75 people and growing. We have a charming office in San Francisco, in SOMA close to the Montgomery Street BART stop.
We like to think of ourselves as all of the good parts of a startup, without the downsides. We're a tight-knit team of smart, friendly people solving problems together with minimal bureaucratic overhead. But this is also the third company for this founding team, and we know how to build sustainable teams by investing in great benefits, professional development, great managers, and work/life balance.