What we’re building
The #1 thing customers love about Pilot is how much we value, prioritize, and celebrate providing a customer support experience of unparalleled quality.
The Support Specialist team is at center of Pilot R&D—working with a team of finance experts to iterate on how we deliver high-quality bookkeeping at scale. This includes asking and answering questions about a customer's books and business needs to ensure that they have accurate books to run their business effectively.
The majority of our customer communication happens via email, although we aren't shy about picking up the phone if that's the best way to get a complicated question answered efficiently.
In a nutshell, Support Specialists:
- Delight customers with expert guidance and support
- Define and evolve our support processes as we take on customers with new needs in new verticals
- Partner with engineering on support automation
- Excellent written communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- A love of problem solving and making teams and processes more efficient
- Delight in providing an exceptional customer experience
No accounting experience is required.
This is a unique opportunity to be an integral part of the product development process at a tech startup without needing a background in engineering, product, or design.
Pilot is 75 people and growing. We have a charming office in San Francisco, in SOMA close to the Montgomery Street BART stop.
We like to think of ourselves as all of the good parts of a startup, without the downsides. We're a tight-knit team of smart, friendly people solving problems together with minimal bureaucratic overhead. But this is also the third company for this founding team, and we know how to build sustainable teams by investing in great benefits, professional development, great managers, and work/life balance.