What we’re building
The Product Specialist team is the center of Pilot R&D—iterating on how we deliver high-quality bookkeeping at scale. Members of this team work together to:
- Analyze our current bookkeeping process, to identify areas for automation and an improved customer experience
- Define and evolve our bookkeeping processes as we extend our service to new customers with new needs in new verticals
- Work with our engineering, product, and design teams to define specifications for and test new product features
- B.S. or M.S. in Accounting
- Experience in an audit or tax role
- We're hiring for a range of experience levels, and welcome audit and tax associates, senior associates, and managers
- Excellent written communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- A love of problem solving and making teams and processes more efficient
- Delight in providing an exceptional customer experience
This is a unique opportunity to be an integral part of the product development process at a tech startup without needing a background in engineering, product, or design.
Pilot is 125 people and growing. We have a charming office in San Francisco, in SOMA close to the Montgomery Street BART stop.
We like to think of ourselves as all of the good parts of a startup, without the downsides. We're a tight-knit team of smart, friendly people solving problems together with minimal bureaucratic overhead. But this is also the third company for this founding team, and we know how to build sustainable teams by investing in great benefits, professional development, great managers, and work/life balance.