Pilot is looking for an experienced content marketing manager to lead our content marketing programs.
What we’re building
Every business in the world has to keep track of its bookkeeping, and it’s a terrible, expensive, and slow process. There's no Stripe, Gusto, or Google Apps of this world—no clear best-in-class bookkeeping firm that everyone uses because it delivers a service of unmatched quality and integrates with the tools and workflows to run your business as it grows.
Pilot is changing that. Our approach is to use software to automate as much of the heavy lifting as possible and giving those software superpowers to a team of accounting experts. Which means that our customers, business owners across America, can focus on the reasons they started their businesses in the first place, instead of worrying about whether their bookkeeping is being done well.
About the team
We are a small but passionate team of 100 based in San Francisco. Pilot’s seasoned founding team has led companies through two prior successful startups and acquisitions (by Oracle and Dropbox). We give our employees a lot of responsibility and ownership of their work. You’ll get to work on fun and engaging projects with the best and brightest.
- Develop and execute on a comprehensive content strategy for customer acquisition and growing our brand voice.
- Manage and create a rich content calendar that supports a regular cadence of various types of content including: blog posts, white papers, ebooks, reports, videos, infographics, that are aligned to the buyer journey.
- Develop our editorial style guide and tone guidelines to ensure a cohesive brand voice.
- Serve as Pilot’s in-house editor for both internal and external content.
- Measure and optimize the effectiveness of our content by developing reporting, KPIs, and metrics for each content channel
- Lead the distribution and promotion strategy for content pieces with SEO, email, content syndication, and partnering with demand generation.
- 4+ years of experience in a B2B marketing role.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills. You’ll need to demonstrate you can successfully write and edit content for a specialized industry.
- A solid understanding of B2B marketing.
- Understanding of SEO strategies and best practices.
- Passion and ability to work well in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment .
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
Benefits of working at Pilot
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Holidays and flexible PTO
- Pre-tax commuter benefit
- Paid family leave
- Convenient office location in San Francisco, close to the Montgomery BART station