What we’re building
Every company needs to keep track of its finances, and most hire a bookkeeping firm to do so. But there's no Stripe, Gusto, or Google Apps of this world—no clear best-in-class bookkeeping firm that everyone uses because it delivers a service of unmatched quality and integrates with the tools and workflows to run your business as it grows.
Pilot is changing that. Our approach is to use software to automate as much of the heavy lifting as possible and giving those software superpowers to a team of finance experts. Which means that our customers, business owners across America, can focus on the reasons they started their businesses in the first place, instead of worrying about whether their bookkeeping is being done well.
We’re building a small, nimble engineering team to bring technical excellence to the world of bookkeeping. Our engineering team is responsible for the full stack of technical tools that allow us to deliver world-class books to our customers each and every month.
- High quality code and abstractions that make our engineers’ lives better
- Ownership and empowerment: our engineers have the freedom to build as they see fit
- Diversity of thought and experience, empathy for our colleagues and our users
You may be a fit for this role if:
- You have experience designing APIs and writing web applications
- You are passionate about owning problems end-to-end, and are willing to jump in to fix problems when they crop up
- You possess strong communication skills and an excitement to work closely with our users
- You have experience writing software at small or large companies, and are excited to apply your skills in a tight-knit startup environment
- You possess strong computer science fundamentals—data structures, algorithms, etc.
We support all of our employees’ growth and learning and do not expect any single candidate to have expertise across all the above areas.
- Experience designing simple scalable infrastructure
- A passion for working on cutting-edge Python
- Experience writing complex layouts in CSS & HTML
- You are up to speed with Vue.js or other frameworks such as React