Pilot is a modern connectivity company based in New York City. We deliver fiber-optic internet and network services to businesses with no contracts, backed by a 100% uptime guarantee and 24/7 proactive support.
We're a passionate, close-knit team that believes businesses have more important things to worry about than their internet connection. Our top priority is enabling extraordinary work across all industries with connectivity solutions that are adaptive, agile, and designed with the customer in mind.
ON A TYPICAL DAY YOU’LL
- Monitor Pilot’s network infrastructure, including backbone, peering, transit, and access components to ensure a reliable and high-performance experience for our customers
- Investigate alarms received via Pilot’s monitoring systems to troubleshoot a variety of issues such as equipment failures, fiber cuts, and third-party outages
- Serve as a point of escalation for the Network Support team to troubleshoot advanced connectivity and/or performance issues affecting Pilot’s customers
- Work directly with customers as needed to resolve issues and turn up new services
- Act as a technical resource and source of reliable updates and information in critical outage situations
- Participate in an on-call rotation to investigate any escalated issues
- Provision and turn-up new equipment, connections, and customer circuits across Pilot’s network in collaboration with Pilot and third-party data center teams
- Provision and troubleshoot private and exchange-based peering sessions with third-party networks
- Plan, schedule, and perform maintenances for network improvements and remediation across Pilot’s network in conjunction with Pilot’s Network Support & Customer Experience teams
- Serve as a mentor to Network Support Engineers and other members of technical staff, both on an ad-hoc basis and via designed training sessions
- Continuously improve Pilot’s documentation of its network infrastructure
- Develop and improve design standards for topology, provisioning, and circuit design
- Conduct research and perform evaluation as needed for new network hardware and software as assigned by the Network Engineering and Leadership teams
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- A strong communicator who responds quickly and proactively updates Management with daily progress updates
- Someone with a thorough understanding of TCP/IP and experience configuring and troubleshooting IP routing/switching technologies and protocols like BGP, ISIS, OSPF, and MPLS
- Experience with Juniper network hardware platforms
- Understanding of internet routing and network interconnection
- Preferred experience working with an Internet service provider or large enterprise
- Strong organizational experience and ability to communicate to both internal and external stakeholders
- Preferred out-of-the box thinkers who can present unique ideas and perspectives to improve our product offerings and deployments
PILOT’S PAY & PERKS
- Base salary of $115,000-150,000
- Company-sponsored Medical, Dental, Vision Coverage
- Company-sponsored 401(k)
- Commuter & Wellness Reimbursement
- Competitive PTO
At Pilot, we believe differences make us stronger, and that our diversity is something to celebrate. Pilot hires without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (and pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Pilot Fiber, Inc. is not open to third-party solicitation or resumes for our posted positions. Any resume submitted to a Pilot Fiber, Inc. employee by a recruiting firm that does not have a valid, written search agreement with us will be considered a referral, regardless of whether it is submitted for a posted position or for general consideration, and no matter how it is submitted (via email, the Internet, or other means). No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by Pilot Fiber, Inc. as a result of the referral or through other means.
VISA SPONSORSHIP NOT AVAILABLE