Pilot is a modern connectivity company based in New York City. We deliver fiber-optic internet and network services to businesses with no contracts, backed by a 100% uptime guarantee and 24/7 proactive support.
We're a passionate, close-knit team that believes businesses have more important things to worry about than their internet connection. Our top priority is enabling extraordinary work across all industries with connectivity solutions that are adaptive, agile, and designed with the customer in mind.
Note, this role is temporarily remote/work from home, however, the ability to conduct field-related responsibilities such as on-site surveys, site visits, etc. will be required.
ON A TYPICAL DAY YOU’LL
- Conduct site surveys to document existing building infrastructure and determine new deployment specifications
- Develop documentation for inside plant fiber deployment, including scopes of work and construction work orders
- Coordinate with construction supervisors to prioritize jobs and ensure construction is complete within the communicated lead time
- Collaborate with Real Estate team to convey relevant engineering details to external stakeholders
- Maintain accurate and up to date internal documentation and as-built records
- Communicate effectively with Account Management, Real Estate, and Sales teams to convey relevant project updates
- Proactively work to maintain and upgrade inside plant deployments as needed
- Evaluate pre-sales requests and determine feasibility of new projects
- Serve as a point person for responding to inside plant construction needs and any related problem-solving
- Participate in an on-call rotation
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- 1-3 years of related experience
- Project management experience
- Hands-on, team player mentality
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Preferred experience working with an Internet service provider or large enterprise
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Available for occasional off-hours work (late night/early morning) as needed
- Comfort with frequent travel via mass-transit to sites in NYC
- Must be comfortable working in building basements and on building rooftops; walking through alleyways; and climbing stairs and ladders
PILOT’S PAY & PERKS
- Medical, Dental, Vision Coverage
- Company-sponsored 401(k)
- Stock Options
- Commuter Reimbursement
- Wellness Reimbursement
At Pilot, we believe differences make us stronger, and that our diversity is something to celebrate. Pilot hires without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (and pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Pilot Fiber, Inc. is not open to third-party solicitation or resumes for our posted positions. Any resume submitted to a Pilot Fiber, Inc. employee by a recruiting firm that does not have a valid, written search agreement with us will be considered a referral, regardless of whether it is submitted for a posted position or for general consideration, and no matter how it is submitted (via email, the Internet, or other means). No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by Pilot Fiber, Inc. as a result of the referral or through other means.
VISA SPONSORSHIP NOT AVAILABLE