Pilot is a modern connectivity company based in New York City. We deliver fiber-optic internet and network services to businesses with no contracts, backed by a 100% uptime guarantee and 24/7 proactive support.
We're a passionate, close-knit team that believes businesses have more important things to worry about than their internet connection. Our top priority is enabling extraordinary work across all industries with connectivity solutions that are adaptive, agile, and designed with the customer in mind.
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Act as a crucial member of the outside plant (OSP) team by primarily working in manholes installing and maintaining underground fiber cable.
ON A TYPICAL DAY YOU’LL
- Prepare and stock vehicles for daily field work
- Review design maps and execute work orders provided by OSP manager
- Secure outdoor work sites using safety cones, sticks, signs, strobe lights, etc.
- Work as a member of the line team to confirm conduit paths, install new fiber cables, and maintain the existing outside plant network.
- Ensure work is accurately documented via job site forms and photographs
- Communicate effectively internally to provide relevant project updates
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Ability to work night shift 7pm-3am
- A safety conscious team player
- Capability of lifting 75 lbs
- Valid, clean drivers license (MVR check required)
- Someone comfortable working in cramped, dirty environments in all weather conditions
- Valid OSHA 10 Hour Construction Certification required
- Capable of driving cable truck, CDL (preferred but not required)
- Aerial Lift/Bucket Truck Certification (preferred but not required)
- Excitement to join one of the fastest growing companies in New York City
PILOT’S PAY & PERKS
- $40,000 + overtime pay eligible
- Medical, Dental, Vision Coverage
- Company-sponsored 401(k)
- Stock Options
- Commuter Reimbursement
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Uniform Allowance
At Pilot, we believe differences make us stronger, and that our diversity is something to celebrate. Pilot hires without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (and pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Pilot Fiber, Inc. is not open to third-party solicitation or resumes for our posted positions. Any resume submitted to a Pilot Fiber, Inc. employee by a recruiting firm that does not have a valid, written search agreement with us will be considered a referral, regardless of whether it is submitted for a posted position or for general consideration, and no matter how it is submitted (via email, the Internet, or other means). No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by Pilot Fiber, Inc. as a result of the referral or through other means.
VISA SPONSORSHIP NOT AVAILABLE