Pilot is a modern connectivity company based in New York City. We deliver fiber-optic internet and network services to businesses with no contracts, backed by a 100% uptime guarantee and 24/7 proactive support.
We're a passionate, close-knit team that believes businesses have more important things to worry about than their internet connection. Our top priority is enabling extraordinary work across all industries with connectivity solutions that are adaptive, agile, and designed with the customer in mind.
ON A TYPICAL DAY YOU’LL
- Audit and document all data pertaining to Pilot’s datacenter infrastructure and ensure that information is kept is up-to-date
- Respond to requests to connect new circuits and troubleshoot existing circuits from internal teams such as Fiber Operations, Construction, Network Engineering, and Network Support
- Liaise with data center operators for routine requests (cross connects, access requests, etc)
- Log all troubleshooting communication in Pilot tracking systems and report on findings
- Collaborate with other teams to improve network designs, solutions, and policies
- Develop standards and best practices for Pilot network infrastructure
- Troubleshoot networking, routing and interconnectivity problems, including network hardware issues
- Operate, monitor, maintain, and respond to abnormal conditions in facilities systems
- Maintain inventory for cabling, optics and network equipment
- Rack and cable new network equipment
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Strong attention to detail, organizational skills, and reporting ability
- Can-do positive attitude and interest in quick deployment and resolution
- Experience in Data Center operations and understanding of internet routing and network interconnection
- Good interpersonal skills and communication
- Preferred experience working with an Internet service provider or large enterprise
- Basic knowledge of data center best practices and cabling methodology
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Availability for off-hours work (late night/early morning) as needed
- Comfort with frequent travel via mass-transit to sites in NYC
- Ability to do overnight travel up to 20% for sites outside NYC
PILOT’S PAY & PERKS
- Medical, Dental, Vision Coverage
- Company-sponsored 401(k)
- Stock Options
- Commuter Reimbursement
- Wellness Reimbursement
At Pilot, we believe differences make us stronger, and that our diversity is something to celebrate. Pilot hires without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (and pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Pilot Fiber, Inc. is not open to third-party solicitation or resumes for our posted positions. Any resume submitted to a Pilot Fiber, Inc. employee by a recruiting firm that does not have a valid, written search agreement with us will be considered a referral, regardless of whether it is submitted for a posted position or for general consideration, and no matter how it is submitted (via email, the Internet, or other means). No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by Pilot Fiber, Inc. as a result of the referral or through other means.
VISA SPONSORSHIP NOT AVAILABLE